Any suggestions?
May 14, 2011 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

brent012

New Head-Fier
Im looking at spending up to AUD$100 which is around 105 US on some good headphones, i listen to a wide variety of music but what i am listening to a lot at the moment is Drum and Bass music particularly Liquid dnb. Most of the time i am listening to music at home through either my Logitech G35 gaming headset or Soundmagic PL30s on my ipod (replacing my old, probably counterfeit cx300s) and i have been thinking that proper headphones would be far superior.

I have heard good things about various Sennheiser HD___ headphones but most of them have the gimmicky bass stuff, even though i mostly do listen to electronic music im not sure if thats what i really want. So does anyone have any suggestions for good headphones in that price bracket (keeping in mind im from Australia, so i guess presume i have 80 us budget to factor in shipping or more expensive prices here) or advice regarding the bass stuff with some of the headphones?

Also whats the deal with headphones like these on ebay? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SONY-MDR-V6-V6-STEREO-MONITOR-PRO-Headphones-New-/320694893939?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item4aaae7bd73 For the price they would probably have to be counterfeits, anything i should look out for really? I know those are quite a bit under my budget but if i can spend less that would be good, i have seen other mdr v6s for sale on ebay from us for around 70 so what are the mdr v6s like?

Edit: Oh and the Akg K77s - they are around $60 and seem like they are good from what i have read. Anything better then them for around their price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back