Any Snow patrol fans picked up "eyes open"?
May 2, 2006 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

squall2072

500+ Head-Fier
I have!
biggrin.gif

I like it, its growing on me on each listen but it doesn't grab me like "Final Straw" did. Great lyrics like usual though.

Far too poorly mastered though IMO fae to fricking loud, I can't put it past 7 o'clock on the SLAM and the Godspeed Cd's i have at 10 o'clock. Some clipping too which is never good. Mastering for the ingnorant, idiotic, ibud masses... boooo!

Other than that my favourite tracks are:

Hands open
Make this go on forever
Set the fire to the third bar

Actually I'm pleased with all of them except the first track which is their current single... that had me worried. But all has now been forgiven.
rs1smile.gif

If you like SNow patrol be sure to pick up "The Reindeer Section" albums... more lightbody and snow patrol... with mogwai members and indie artists from Scotland. Great stuff!!

Aug 4, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 7
I've never heard Snow Patrol before, but my friend bought "Eyes Open" at Fujirock. I like it, but haven't put it through my system yet.

Aug 4, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 7
I liked Final Straw alot more than Eyes Open, even if Eyes Open is a credible effort.

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
I haven't picked it up yet, but I love the song "Set Fire To The Third Bar" with Martha Wainwright.

hopefully soon.

Mar 13, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked Final Straw alot more than Eyes Open, even if Eyes Open is a credible effort.

That is my take also........previous album was excellent, yourmusic.com has current CD for $6.99

My current top new find is:
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas

Think vintage Siamese Twin era Smashing Pumpkins with a touch of Elf Power thrown in.........great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back