Any SF Bay area Grado dealers?
Jun 17, 2004 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nefilim

New Head-Fier
specifically in the south bay (Palo Alto/Cupertino) area would be convenient. Thinking of going from Senn 580s to Grado 225s.

Thanks!
Peter

Jun 18, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 9
If you are closer to the south bay, you might be able to get them at paradise audio (Last year, I saw them behind the counter). Its in the same shopping mall with Century Stereo and REI (westgate shopping mall).

http://www.paradiseav.com/index.html

Also, SF Stereo may carry them too. They have locations in San Franscisco and in Mountain View. They also carry some other headphones and headphone amps.

http://www.sfstereo.com/

Give those places a call before you go. I don't know if they carry grado's anymore.

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 9
Analog Room
Fruitdale Ave
San Jose

Brian Hartsell,
Proprietor, Master Vinyl Expert and Analog Guru Extraordinaire

Call ahead. They had some Grados on my last visit. But you may be tempted to upgrade to a full blown SME 30 with all the trimmings.

This is one of the coolest audio places in the USA. Plus the only place in California where you can smoke a cigar with no hassle.

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Well, if in SF, Harmony Audio at West Portal has the line-up.

Yes, indeed, they do. And hopefully they still have that very nice older guy - I think his name was Fred - working there: Talk to him! Not about headphones, but about music, listening and other hifi stuff. He's a great guy - with loads of experience and stories to tell. I hope he's doing fine...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 9
what, ive been on west portal (specifically that sub sandwich shop) and have never seen an audio store!!! i so wulda been in there instead of radio shack wasting time while waiting for some1 2 pick me up.

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 9
As much as I dont want to, I'll mention that Cambridge Soundworks has carried various Grado phones over time. Probably nothing higher than the 225s, but you could call and ask.

SF Stereo (the Berkeley location) definitely used to carry Grados, and I'm almost certain the Walnut Creek one does too. Call about availablitity, because when I wanted to demo the RS-1s, they only had the RS-2s on hand and would have had to have the RS-1s transferred from another location.

good luck

Jun 18, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nefilim
specifically in the south bay (Palo Alto/Cupertino) area would be convenient. Thinking of going from Senn 580s to Grado 225s.

Thanks!
Peter

I bought my Grado SR-60 at the "Audible Difference" in Palo Alto many years ago, they were on El Camino close to the Stanford shopping mall.

W

Jun 18, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
As much as I dont want to, I'll mention that Cambridge Soundworks has carried various Grado phones over time. Probably nothing higher than the 225s, but you could call and ask.

SF Stereo (the Berkeley location) definitely used to carry Grados, and I'm almost certain the Walnut Creek one does too. Call about availablitity, because when I wanted to demo the RS-1s, they only had the RS-2s on hand and would have had to have the RS-1s transferred from another location.

good luck

Cambridge handles up to SR125. SF Stereo just closed the Berkeley location a week or so ago.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back