Any reviews yet of the newly released sony WI-1000XM2? BA + 9mm Dynamic hybrid (Foldable?!) ANC neckbands.
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ionite

Perviously known as sammyhwang
0EhV8Rf.png

https://www.sony.com.hk/en/electronics/in-ear-headphones/wi-1000xm2

Seems the first time sony or anyone else are doing hybrids in bluetooth iems?

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 6
The mk1 are hybrid too, and very good.

I'm looking forward to trying these, they would appear to be a more comfortable fit.

The silicone rear band looks more comfortable and is pure genius for storage. Driver design looks interesting as well, with the BA right up the ear canal. Not sure where I've seen this before...?

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Not a review as such but some feedback.

I got a set from Accessory Jack in Hong Kong since they aren't available in New Zealand at the moment.

Compared to the v1 the neckband is a huge improvement, because it's so flexible it stays in place much better.

It is so light you hardly notice you are wearing it so it's great for exercise.

The shape of the earpieces I find way more comfortable too.

The range of the bluetooth reception is quite frankly amazing, its considerably better than any other bluetooth iems or headphones I have in my possession.

Sound wise even though they don't support LDAC whereas the v1 does, they sound just as good if not better.

The sound is reasonably balanced and has a more than decent soundstage.

I think the processor Sony are using for Noise Reduction and DSP is probably the reason why Sony haven't included additional codecs, to my ears it doesn't seem necessary.

Overall I am extremely happy with them.

Oct 14, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Any other reviews about WI-1000XM2 ???
@SteveKiwi the WI-1000XM2 has the LDAC like the v1!

I have the XBA-N3AP and I use them with a Fiio LCBT2 .... I've just ordered the WI-1000XM2 and I'll test the differences between n3ap and 1000xm2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back