Any reviews on the new DIY meta42 amp yet?
Jun 17, 2002 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

venzuel00

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone post a review of this portable amp? I would like to have a thorough comparison of this little amp against cosmic, TA, PC, CHA47, cmoy and other portable amps out there. Anyone?

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 10
I found the reviews from the Boston Tour. Is the META42 portable? A&M says that it is a brick. I saw a pic of it and it really looks like a brick. I am wondering if you can put it in a smaller case.

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 10
Yes...

I have been using an amp similar to the Meta (AD823-el2001, BUF634 ground) that is smaller than an altoids tin, for the last year...

I'm not sure about the final size of the meta boards, but the componants can be made to fit into a tiny case if a blank proctoboard/point-to-point is used...

of course, larger size means more room for large pots, caps, and batteries, for better sound...

Jun 17, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by venzuel00
Can anyone post a review of this portable amp? I would like to have a thorough comparison of this little amp against cosmic, TA, PC, CHA47, cmoy and other portable amps out there. Anyone?

It is very customizable so direct comparisons would have to be based on a persons own version of the meta-42. I'm sure a $100 one would sound different from a $400 one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back