Any recommendations for a belt and or belt buckle?
Mar 15, 2006 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new belt since my current one is falling apart. I would like to know if anyone knew or could recommend me some unique, simple, fancy, or unusual belts and belt buckles.This would just be for casual wear. I already ruled out the one where you can use you ipod nano for a belt buckle.
biggrin.gif

Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 12
i use an extension cord as a belt

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 12
I picked up a new belt at Banana Republic a few months ago. It cost $60, which is probably more than I've spent on belts in my entire life, in total. But it is pretty nice, as well as being reversible with black leather on one side, and brown on the other, effectively giving me two belts. $30 per is not too bad for a quality belt.

Also, the way it reverses is really, really cool - you simply pull & twist the buckle to use the opposite side. Presto-chango - it takes literally two seconds! No taking it apart, or anything.

It's a basic enough style for casual wear with jeans, but nice enough for most dressier situations. Plus having one reversible belt makes traveling that much lighter.

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 12
I am very fond of my sharkskin belt that I got from Milt Sparks. Although I do wish I had remembered to order it shorter so I could use a fancy buckle with it. They come with a plain buckle, and if I try one of those other kinds of buckles, the belt gets too long to do any good.
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #9 of 12
I tried to find a buckle that looked like a pair of cans, but I ended up with this instead, woopsie.

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
I'm looking for a new belt since my current one is falling apart. I would like to know if anyone knew or could recommend me some unique, simple, fancy, or unusual belts and belt buckles.This would just be for casual wear. I already ruled out the one where you can use you ipod nano for a belt buckle.
biggrin.gif

Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Wear suspenders.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 12
cant believe Im posting a topic on this...
biggrin.gif

I have a really nice DKNY, leather black, pewter colored bukle Pretty conservative.

I also have a dark blue quicksilver belt... super casual. Its the same kind of strap material they make backpacks out of, but thicker. Use it with my baggy cargo shorts/pants. I dont usually wear a belt with my casual day clothes, but I was at Universal Citiwalk in LA and my pants broke, needed somehting to keep my pants up so I went into the quicksilver store (the cheapest clothing store there) and bought it for $20.

Garrett

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Here ya go buddy...

36220BR51194_dt.jpg

bg259.jpg

GIT-R-DONE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back