Any Queen fans out there?
Oct 30, 2002 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

Tom M

500+ Head-Fier
The layered guitar and vocal tracks they used sound great with headphones. Take a listen to the shear heart attack album or night at the opera and you will see what I mean.

Oct 30, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 55
been one for quite awhile, however not so much as I used to be, for the obvious reason, but I have quite a few collectable cds and roios, believe it or not my favorite album is "innuendo" however I like "a night at the opera" and "a day at the races" as well. Their best performance by far (any hardcore queen fan will tell you) was their live aid performance in 1985, far and away the best performance of the day by any of the bands, and most of the bands at live aid have stated this as well, no soundchecks, no lights, a stripped down, raw performance from one of the great live bands of their time..... imo.......

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by scottpaul_iu
Love 'em. I really miss Freddie.
I liked every record they made, even the 80s stuff. They were brilliant. Fave track is the set starter , We Will Rock You, the fast version. Very cool.

Listened to the Vinyl LP of "News Of The World" about a week ago and We Will Rock You absolutely ROCKS!!!!

It totally, smoke the CD version of this album.

I too, really miss freddy. I can cleary remember the day that he died. I was in mourning for days afterwards. I grew up ? listening to Queen - it defined who I am.

Sound As Ever

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 55
I guess my favorite will be the first that i ever heard from Queen. This would have been Queen II. An absolutely amazing demonstration of sheer musical wizardry. I've never heard anything like it since. Except by Queen of course. The vocals are...excuse me...to die for.

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 55
My first, and still favourite, is A Night at the Opera. "The Prophet Song" blew me away on first listen -- his use of multi-tracking just sounds so good.

I really liked Baz Luhrman's use of "The Show Must Go On" in Moulin Rouge.

Nov 5, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 55
I'm impatiently waiting for Queen to remaster their stuff (again) or put them out in SACD. (I don't have a DVD-A player and I'm not interested in the multi-channel mixes anyway.)

I have A Kind of Magic on CD and News of the World on vinyl (and no turntable, go figure). I'd like to have the whole library but not badly enough to buy the current versions.

This is probably my most favorite band that I own so few albums from.
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 55
Sheee...still trying to round out my Who collection! I may get to Queen soon. Fat Bottom Girls my fav..among others...
md

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:35 AM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
???

Um, Freddie isn't really recording much new material these days.

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:55 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Um, Freddie isn't really recording much new material these days.

i think he meant being a fan.

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
My first, and still favourite, is A Night at the Opera. "The Prophet Song" blew me away on first listen -- his use of multi-tracking just sounds so good.

Ya gotta get the DCC release of this title--trust me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back