Any Porsche owners here?
Mar 31, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 41
I had a dream last night that I owned a Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet (new model as of this year!). Does that count?
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 41
I got a toy one... my (very small) teddybear can sit in it.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 41
Back in high school I spent a good amount of time driving the old man's '96 968. The pink slip certainly wasn't in my name, but it was a sweet ride.

He's planning on pulling the trigger on a new Carera any day now (or so he's claimed for the past 4 months).

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 41
My Brother is thinkin' about gettin' a GT3. He owns a Viper now and can't drive for S**t.

When takin driving schools I have observed that Porche drivers are usually very,very good. I drove a older Turbo at the track(5-speed, rear drive, I think a 1997) and it was fast but extremely wiggly. The rear end wanted to come around on every hard turn and once it started coming around you could rarely recover. I spun twice and went really slow. I like Porches but after talking with a few owners and driving a few I think I'll pass. They look cool and perform well but some of the maintanence costs are insane. They guy that owns the turbo pays $2700 for each clutch he has replaced and he has to do them each season.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 41
I'd love a Porsche, any Porsche. I'm obsessed with them. If I had to buy one, without suddenly stumbling onto a fortune, I'd prolly go with a used 993 series 911. You can pick one up for ~$20-$30K usually. Non-turbo, that is. Money no object, a Ruf CTR-2 wouldn't be bad, or the new Turbo R
biggrin.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #10 of 41
I know a dude (kindof) who's had 2 of the most recent Porsche Turbos, a Ferrari 355, and now the Modena. He races them as well as dives them around. He says the Modena easily tops them all. I have to agree, I'm a sucker for the Italians. Never driven any though
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #13 of 41
Im a big fan of the Targa.

I love how it is so versatile. You can have the glass roof all the way back for a semi-convertable top or have it closed for a semi-hard top, while at all times, you still have the roll bar for safety!

I think its an awesome design! Believe it or not, but my dad is seriously considering buying one in the next year!
eek.gif

Funny story actually: I recently found out that for the last ten years or so, my dad has been stopping by the the porsche dealer everyday after work to sit in the cars and talk to the salesmen. He is obsessed! I asked him if he ever test drives them, and he says no because if he did, he thinks he would buy the car right there! LOL!

Another awesome porsche is the new GT! Oh man does that baby look sweeeet! Unfortuneately, its half a million dollars.
redface.gif
But oh well, if i can save up money for audio, i can probably save up for a GT...
very_evil_smiley.gif

...Man i love porsche's, i could go on talking for ages, but i'll spare you guys the agony.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #14 of 41
Dan, I don't suppose you've ever been to Flat-6, have you?
very_evil_smiley.gif

And no, the ultimate Porsche was the 993 Turbo. The Porsche legend lost something when they went to water cooling. As for the Carrera GT... sure, it's fast, looks beautiful, but it's not a Porsche, peoples! It's a mid engined V10!

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back