Any Place Online to Find Record Values?
Sep 6, 2005 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a record from Ebay. It's a pretty rare album, one that was supposed to have never made to record store shelves, but a few did.

I wanted to know if there was someplace online that I could find out how much it is worth. I'm not wanting to sell it, but I would like know it's true value. It was also manufactured in Canada, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Sep 6, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 8
Here's one:

http://www.popsike.com

tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 8
I paid 49.95 for my copy. The above site said that there were 2 other copies sold on Ebay back in 2004. One sold for 64.00 the other sold for 61.00, so it seems that I didn't get a bad deal. I would still like to know the "book" value is.

BTW, the record I bought was "Goose Creek Symphony / Head For The Hills", made in 1976 in Canada, in case any of you have a blue book for records.

Sep 6, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Ebay *IS* the book value, better than any citation in a book. If you can find three ebay citations and average them, you have a very good idea of the value.

See ya
Steve

Sep 6, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
Ebay *IS* the book value, better than any citation in a book. If you can find three ebay citations and average them, you have a very good idea of the value.

See ya
Steve

Cool beans. Thx.

Sep 6, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 8
Why Ebay IS the book value, like the above poster said, is because the "book value" is simply what the item can fetch in the market, and since ebay IS the market, what the item usually sells for is the market/book value.

Sorry if this is redundant and obvious, but I figured I would point this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back