Any PC dogfighting games (air) anymore? Or Air Strikes capabilities (Other than Saints Row 3?) ?
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 6
WWI: Rise of Flight
WWII: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (which, with UP3, starts getting into Korean War-era jets)
Present day: Falcon 4.0 BMS

Note that these skew very, very much toward the "realistic" end of things by default, so you're not only expected to have a precise joystick (and, ideally, TrackIR or other means of head-tracking), but spend some time learning the handling characteristics, and in newer aircraft, the sophisticated subsystems. Crimson Skies or Ace Combat, these are NOT.

RoF and IL-2 let you ease off on the more realistic aspects if you want, though.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
WWI: Rise of Flight
WWII: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (which, with UP3, starts getting into Korean War-era jets)
Present day: Falcon 4.0 BMS

Note that these skew very, very much toward the "realistic" end of things by default, so you're not only expected to have a precise joystick (and, ideally, TrackIR or other means of head-tracking), but spend some time learning the handling characteristics, and in newer aircraft, the sophisticated subsystems. Crimson Skies or Ace Combat, these are NOT.

RoF and IL-2 let you ease off on the more realistic aspects if you want, though.

Yeah  I wouldn't want a disaster like Sonic Generations without a Xbox controller.   That thing is confusing , doesn't even tell you the key you bound it with.

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 6
You would really really like the game War Thunder, I can't recommend it enough. Take a look at it, its a multiplayer airplane game, but I think there is also singleplayer too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back