Any one have this happen?!?
Sep 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is why I tell people that whoever pays 1st, gets it. .

well no f'ing kidding; are you guys 12 years old, or just have no concept of business? you don't hold something for a buyer unless they give you a deposit, ever. whatever you do, don't expect that because it's headfi, the person has a conscience, scammers love to take advantage of for-sale forums on sites like this because people are much more trusting than ebay; hell, even gandhi would consider stiffing someone on the faceless internet. golden rule is always protect yourself, and don't trust anyone. don't think that because you have a few email "conversations" with someone, that you're friends. most people don't really treat this sort of thing as a respectful business arrangement, it's always pretty fast and loose; just use common sense, go learn some if you don't have any, and don't waste your time posting threads like this (because it just comes off as a whiny rant from someone with nothing better to do)..............or writing posts like this because of the same
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by WgJr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand that/But how do I let the potential buyer know that .With out
sounding like an a??hole?
And Thank You for responding.

BE an a-hole, it works for me
wink.gif
....but seriously , all you do is say "you want me to hold it, send me a deposit"......i'd take a $20 deposit to hold a $100 item for a week, for instance; most people won't do that, but it really is as simple as that. lots of people will promise to pay you later; take a note from your local drug dealer: NO CASH, NO STASH; if you don't have a dealer, go get one, getting high is a hell of a lot more fun than writing a thread like this, i promise
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #18 of 18
uzziah, what you wrote is the naked truth. However most do not have the disposition due to upbringing or whatever to be perceived as rude, even though they are risking a sale and wasting time. But in the end no money no deal should be the MO. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back