Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Oct 1, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #498 of 827
Think I joined in 2003 or before. For some reason created this current account in 2006.

Haven’t posted in along time since I haven’t change my headphones in over 10 years. I still use my AT L3000 at home and my UE10 at work everyday. Love my L3000 but just feel so so about the UE10. Once they finally die I’ll replace them.

I occasional check in just to see what’s new.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #500 of 827
Seems like every time I show up Head-Fi is running on new software. :beyersmile:

Went without headphones for a few years, but just purchased a Grado RS-2i, which will run straight out of an Anedio D2. I like to keep things simple these days.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #501 of 827
I've been recently rediscovering this hobby. I kind of moved on to speakers, but I put on my Grado HF-2 and boy did they rock. I'm sort of in the market for a new IEM, but prices, and number of drivers, these days are kind of crazy. Ah well, I'm going to go back trolling the resale forums...

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #505 of 827
Too much fanboyism...

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #508 of 827
it's become less of a community, more of a shopping mall and billboard.

Of course in the early days that wonderful "community" was nurtured, supported, and subsidized out of Jude's own pocket, a contribution of which I remain grateful.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #509 of 827
it's become less of a community, more of a shopping mall and billboard.

+1... I drifted into speakers again.... still use my '04 880s for late night Movies with O2 amp and cheap 25ft. wire. T-1s, 650s, packed away in plastic bags, 701s never used after I bought them.

Right now, as a traveling laptop speaker set up, I'm using an old Pico Dac (because my damn Bluetooth stopped working) as a source for an old Bose SoundLink speaker.... mediocre sound

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #510 of 827
It’s funny...in the mid-late 2000’s it was the perfect headphone storm for me - I had very young children, which meant listening to music through speakers had to be pretty limited, and the whole iPod thing suddenly meant my whole digital music library could move around with me. I really enjoyed headphone listening during those years.

But now, a decade plus later, my kids are in college. I also work from home. And so I almost exclusively listen through speakers at home. I only use headphones on the road. My son uses my DT-880’s more than I do. I guess in the end when I have the choice, I really prefer to listen to music through speakers. And these days, I pretty much can do that whenever I’m able to listen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back