Any of you try anime OST's?
Oct 22, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #16 of 36
How about Black Mages? I don't listen to this genre of music often, so I don't have anything to compare them to, but it sure does "rock" when I listen to them while playing some intense action-packed game. Particularly J-E-N-O-V-A.

Oct 22, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 36
I thought the Cowboy Bebop movie OST was cool; I own Evangelion albums I and III.

Oct 23, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 36
Wow, i'm supprised that one of my favorites wasn't mentioned. The Beck OST's Beck and Keith. Don't forget the FLCL OST's. The Pillows are awesome. That cd was in a constant rotation for like a month when i first got it. If you can find it, the US soundtrack to Robotech was one of my fav's. I also have the japanese ost, but the us one will always have a special place in my heart.

EDIT: ACK! Get the katamari Damacy OST! It will rule your soul!!!!
EDIT 2: ACK!!! How could i forget the One Piece OST's?!?! To say that i love that music is a gross understatement. The first opener "We Are" especially. It encapsulates what the series is all about in one song. So very moving. I have to fight not to tear up listening to it. Yeah yeah, i'm just a big sap. *puts on some Pantera to get some testosterone back*

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 36
It's dorky as hell but I loved most of the music from the Japanese version of the Digimon series. Dejimon Adventure, Dejimon 02, Dejimon Tamers and Dejimon Frontier, though a couple songs from Savers were good too. It's mostly just pop-rock by two obscure Japanese artists but the songs really invoke a sense of adventure and possibility, of magic. And the melodies are so original too! Butter-fly, Target ~Red Zone~, The Biggest Dreamer, Fire, Innocent, Slash, etc. So many good songs. The Spanish/German versions of some of these songs were equally good. Particularly the German version of One Vision, I think it was called Ein Vision or something.

Of course there are other anime far more suited for an adult audience with a spectacular soundtrack but those are songs that will always mean something to me and are still enjoyable on a musical level.

X3 on FLCL though. That show would be nothing without the songs of the pillows.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 36
Ghost In The Shell
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin III
Macross Plus
Earth Girl Arjuna
dot//Hack

I know I have a handful of others, but these are the ones on my player right now that I can remember off the top of my head.

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hellsing (TV), FLCL .. and some stuff by Round Table.

I also like the Round Table ft. Nino songs (Let Me Be With You of Chobits OST, Nagareboshi). I mostly listen to Japanese music, so this thread is a useful way to get some recommendations
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm going to check the FLCL and the Noir OST out.
The OSTs I own are from:
Chobits, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Negima, Lucky Star, Haruhi and others I don't remember at the moment.

I also have some Exit Trance albums. Exit Trance makes complications of J-Trance remixes of anime songs.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #25 of 36
Hmm... some good recommendations here. I've heard one or two tracks from Xenogears and liked it, so I'm getting some more of that now. I'd like to second the recommendations for Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion. Great soundtracks. Evangelion is probably my favourite anime OST.

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #27 of 36
This is got to be the greatest Anime move opening ever. I remember seeing this for the first time as a kid, and this intro left such a memory. When the Macross get's revealed, it was such a great opening. At the time, the animation was quite ahead of the time that it was just jawbreaking to see it back then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back