Any of you play World of Warcraft?
Mar 2, 2006 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mercuttio

Key Conspirator in the Quest to Murder Music
I'm pretty sure I had the WORST experience in the Battlegrounds last night...

I'm an Undead Warlock (because the Horde rocks) and we're doing the usual capture the flag thing. It's a really long match, and both teams have the other team's flag... only thing left to do is find the flag carrier and kill them for the point.

I'm at the entrance to the enemy fortress, waiting for backup so we can storm the roof (where the flag carrier is, with a nice priest to keep him healthy).

Lo and behold, a group runs through, but not to the roof... into the flag room. They're asking where the carrier is, even though I've marked the map and broadcast his location. Standard idiot team stuff.

Suddenly... there's this blue THING running through the field and into the flag room WITH them. It's the freaking FLAG CARRIER! She's a druid in cat form (for speed) and she's left the raid group.

So I'm just like "What the hell are you doing? You're going to get killed! We're really close to taking out the flag carrier on their side!"

"I'm bored, I don't want to carry the flag anymore."

"Well, that's not fair to the rest of us!"

The whole thing degrades really quickly, and she sees a group of enemies. She runs in with some under-leveled rogue to attack... and bam.

It's the only time I've ever quit a BG in disgust. Then, to make matters worse, I'm berated by her guildmates /tells for telling her off! It was just awful. I can see someone yelling at me for not finishing the BG, but confronting the flag-carrier about going headlong into enemy territory!?

I'm done my rant. Most of you won't have any idea what I'm talking about probably...

Mar 3, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 12
Yeah, lots of people are idiots. Unfortunately in WoW, you only have a few options. Find some friends you can play with. Play with a bunch of random idiots you can't stand who let you do multiplayer content. Play alone and not be able to do any of the raids or BGs.

Mar 3, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
Yeah, lots of people are idiots. Unfortunately in WoW, you only have a few options. Find some friends you can play with. Play with a bunch of random idiots you can't stand who let you do multiplayer content. Play alone and not be able to do any of the raids or BGs.

I've got a great guild of close friends, but you still run into SUCH morons! The game is just so smooth and polished in every other way though... funny that the only flaw would be the human element.

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 12
This is part of the reason why I quit WoW. I couldn't stand the stupidity. Granted, I was alliance, and there was a lot more of that sort of thing to go around.

Play with a group of friends, otherwise it's really not worth it. Most players are idiots, and the ones that aren't, are usually pricks. Finding good people that you don't know personally is a pretty rare thing in WoW.

Guess I'm spoiled. I've gotten used to playing with smart, friendly, and elite players in Q3. Or maybe that I just expect people to be a little bit more mature than 12 year olds and have a bit more brains than a parrot - but I guess I expect too much from a video game community?

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 12
tongue.gif
I played it when it was free. I like Diablo StarCraft and TFT more.

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
Never actually played it. Seems like a huge time commitment to get into...? I remember hearing a while back about some kid in China who tried reenacting the game and died. I wonder whatever happened in terms of litigation with Blizzard, the game developer.

Blizzard can't be legitimately sued for that, even if it was related to a kid emulating the game. My understanding of that situation is that there were extenuating circumstances. Can't remember exactly what though.

But there's new endgame content being added, in particular that last "World Event" and dungeon area. Not quite enough yet, I know... but they seem to be interested in adding more!

And yeah... Alliance sucks, especially on an RP server where everyone's trying to be "the hero." Very few people Role Play clever opportunists, or realistic characters. Shame.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 12
Just to revive this thread, was wondering if any head-fiers still play WoW? if you do, post your server and your class, your character name if you want to

I'll start.

Nordrassil
Hunter
Name: Tooret

I don't play as much as I used to anymore because of time constraint but still raid on tuesday and wednesday night (about 3 - 4 hours each)

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 12
Regular games are addicting enough as it is. I definitely don't need to get sucked into an MMORPG.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 12
No, I play Guild Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back