Any nva ap10h fans out there?
Sep 2, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsaxin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Adanac

Saw your thread seems like You are an nva Fan.So got a cople fo doubts hoping you could clear it..I see its not a very frinedly amp as in not built for saomew one who might be a begnnier...So how stabke anbd saf eis it...You comparing it to the rega ear but i think the rega year is atlkeast $150 cheaper than the NVA ap10h..So is therenay other amp that is preety muvh in tht price rnage anmd has the same sonic quality..

Hi,
I no longer own that amp, but It was very good.
Seemed safe to me, I never had any problems.
I sold mine to a gentleman in Vancouver purhaps he might have something to add??

Chris.

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 20
I use an Ap10P,best headphone amp i have owned.Drives my RS1's very well,plus it also drives my old Alesis Mk1 monitors from a pc via an e-dac during the day ,i switch over to the phones at night.
It has been powered up for three years now and just keeps on giving out detailed ,but never annoying sound.Wise up boys.Hand made in ENGLAND NOT CHINA,a proper job..
gs1000.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 20
Loved my AP10h so much I asked  Mr Dunn if he could build me a special........

I now have a AP10h JS (JS = Jammy Special)

Its a 3 box Twin Volume control beast.

And its truly sublime (Quite literally allmost blew my mind) the space and headroom this amp conjures up is jaw dropping.

Cans = Old - Panasonic / JVC / Pioneer.    New - Audeze LCD3's.

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 20
Loved my AP10h so much I asked Mr Dunn if he could build me a special........

I now have a AP10h JS (JS = Jammy Special)

Its a 3 box Twin Volume control beast.

And its truly sublime (Quite literally allmost blew my mind) the space and headroom this amp conjures up is jaw dropping.

Cans = Old - Panasonic / JVC / Pioneer. New - Audeze LCD3's.

Resurrecting this thread from 2015. I purchased my NVA AP10 a bit over a year ago. I was able to find a 120 volt
version from Nova Scotia and bought it quickly, since they rarely come up for sale on the used market.

I have not found a better sounding solid state headphone amp for running my Sennheiser HD600 and HD6XX
headphones, then the AP10. I really enjoy acoustic music, including that involving the piano, cello, violin, guitar and harp.
The synergy between the AP10 and the HD600 and HD6XX is sublime. Richard Dunn marched to the beat of a different
drummer and his tremendous contributions to audio design exemplify this.

May Richard rest in peace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back