Any news on the bass ++ port??
Jun 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering if anyone has heard an update of this? Is it still in the pipeline?n Just curious
rolleyes.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 10
I PMed Jason about this in early June, and he answered by recommending I experiment with the hole size in the pre-existing bass+ ports. When I asked if his reply essentially meant an official bass++ port was not being worked on, I got no response.
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I PMed Jason about this in early June, and he answered by recommending I experiment with the hole size in the pre-existing bass+ ports. When I asked if his reply essentially meant an official bass++ port was not being worked on, I got no response.
frown.gif

They have a lot on their plates atm with the wireless adaptor and customs but I had in my head from somewhere that this was on the pipeline. Obviously, if it ever was officially to be implemented, its been canned or at least put on the backburner. Shame
frown.gif
. Was looking forward to this/what I believed was on its way. And to experiment on different hole sizes in pre-existing bass ports is all fine and dandy if you have the money to afford it and/or compensate on ***** ups or failed experiments!

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 10
I have to agree, the SA6s are incredible, but they do lack that low-end punch that I like in some other IEMs (specifically, my FS Atrio's).

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to agree, the SA6s are incredible, but they do lack that low-end punch that I like in some other IEMs (specifically, my FS Atrio's).

Yuppers. Same here.

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
using the shure olives increases the bass at a noticable level to me, try that

Not a fan of foamies, personally -- but I'm sure that's a valid suggestion for many. What I ended up doing was taking Jason's advice and expanding my bass+ ports' holes with a pin. Although I'd done this in the past without noteworthy results (guess I was too timid with the pin...), this time the bass noticeably increased. It has more prominence and power without seeming to muddy anything up. I had some concerns about the hole size shrinking back down over time, but so far (for the past few days) that hasn't happened.

In summation: If the Shure olives aren't your bag, try widening the bass+ ports' holes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #8 of 10
Note: Anyone been speaking to David of Sleek Audio? He pm'd me over something else but I inquired about the bass ++ port and his input was that it was v much indefinite but Sleek are giving/gona give it serious consideration, after they wrap up their work on the wireless and customs, which is understandably their priority atm. Hey, good news though
biggrin.gif

David also said they are throwing around ideas for creating alternate versions of the treble tubes made out of different materials to give a differnt character/colour to the treble constituent of the SA6 sound! These guys really are committed to the growth, develoment and evolution of their products!

Jul 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 10
Nyone been speaking to David of Sleek? He pm'd me re something else but I inquired about the 'legendary' bass ++ port and though he said any action on developing it was indefinite that Jason and Mark have been giving it some serious thought and consideration and will do more so when they wrap up their work with the customs and wireless, which is, understandably, their focus at present. Thats great news (I thought this was dead and buried a few days ago!)
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Previous post looked to of screwed up/not registered so apologies for double post!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back