Any miniplugs that can fit the iPhone and Canare starquad
Jul 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

coolchu001

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to re-cable my SR60 and my ksc-75. I have decided to go with the Canare starquad and the F12 miniplug.

I was wondering if there is a solid metal plug that fits the iphone and be able fit the starquad L-4e6s.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 6
i wanna know this too.
i wanna connect my koss ksc75 to my first gen iphone withouth a stupid ugly adapter

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 6
I dont have an answer for you and I never seen an Iphone in real life to really know about the reccessed plug, but canera starquad 21g is a bad choice for this purpose and imo not great for portable overall. I prefer the 24g version which is much more flexible and less microphonic prone. Btw, the F12 plug is the biggest friggin thing in the world.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 6
I doubt there is any kind of plugs like that. Keep in mind that most of the plugs on the market now were produced long time ago and not designed for any specific jack.

The Canare is still good with fullsize cans though. I personally prefer the Mogami 2534 for its flexibility. The best mini plug available, Imo, is Switchcraft. Canare F12 is such a huge and messy plug to work.

@edit: Get the Mogami 2893 to recable your KSC75. It's very very flexible and sounds awesome!

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 6
Have you guys seen the Neutrik right angled plug? it seems like it might fit your bill

092-333_L.jpg

parts express and redco audio sells em

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys seen the Neutrik right angled plug? it seems like it might fit your bill

092-333_L.jpg

parts express and redco audio sells em

x2 this will fit the iphone no problem I was going to post this and then I saw it had already been done. the conical type end bit should fit the recessed bit on the iphone as would the straight version plus right angle plugs are better for strain relief as well and much kinder on the jacks. One problem could be the cable opening size is fairly small so you would have to buy the cable with that in mind or braid your own, mogami have some that will fit the bill. I cant remember the model number perhaps lil knight could enlighten you; the 2534 will be too think for the neutrik even if you drill it out. As far as straight plugs are concerned, switchcraft is widely accepted as the best, but IMO the XLO HT series are much better. they're a bitch to solder but the construction is far superior IMO. the canare F12 is the absolute worst plug for this job IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back