Any love for the Activo CT10?
Apr 7, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #259 of 609
Tempted to get one of these as I want to try the streaming thing. I’ve been using the ZX300 for the past year or so; has any one had a chance to compare these two DAPs? Obviously the focus of the ZX300 was its balanced output but maybe the CT10 can compete with the Sony machine’s SE output?

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #260 of 609
@JasonNYC I had USB digital out working with my CT10 on the first try a couple weeks ago but have been unable to get it working again.

I've tried 3 different OTG cables and 3 different DAC/amps. A couple of times my CT10 showed 'USB output' (below the USB icon in the drop-down). The icon lights up after connecting both ends of the cable however, touching it (on/off?) shows a brief circle animation but I still get no sound). The same OTG cables and DAC/amps work with my Android phone.

Is there an exact step by step method to get USB digital out working reliably (and repeatable) on the CT10?

I have the same question, anyone please

Apr 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #261 of 609
Guys it's been brought to my attention that some of these devices have trouble with line out to external DAC functionality. How do we properly test this? I can't get it to work either but I want to make sure I'm even doing it right first.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #262 of 609
Guys it's been brought to my attention that some of these devices have trouble with line out to external DAC functionality. How do we properly test this? I can't get it to work either but I want to make sure I'm even doing it right first.
I haven't had any issues doing this on mine.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #264 of 609
I haven't had any issues doing this on mine.
I'm trying to use the CT10 as a source to my Burson Audio Play amp/DAC. What's the proper way (steps/settings) to go from using it as a DAP to a digital transport? Thanks.

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #265 of 609
You mean USB out to an amp or dac?
Yes. I was out a dac at work for a couple days and used my CT10 as my desktop dac. Worked as advertised.

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #266 of 609
I'm trying to use the CT10 as a source to my Burson Audio Play amp/DAC. What's the proper way (steps/settings) to go from using it as a DAP to a digital transport? Thanks.
My CT10 is at work, so I'll need to wait to remind myself of the steps, but I can post them once I do.

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #267 of 609
Yes. I was out a dac at work for a couple days and used my CT10 as my desktop dac. Worked as advertised.

Did a couple of tests again. It is just not repeatable.

I plug ct10 into another external amp (Radson es100) and first it works - there is "USB out" note under "External USB" button from the top down menu. However if I unplug and plug it again, it appears may be 3 times from 10 attepmts or even less. And if I unplug it at the moment it shows USB out, it may work with another amp (the one I want to use with ct10). But again, if I unplug it, it stops working so I have to start with es100 again. In fact I could not find any reliable way to activate USB out.

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #268 of 609

We're talking about USB digital out, not in. The DAC feature works most every time but using the CT10 as a source with data going out from USB hardly works.

I plug ct10 into another external amp (Radson es100) and first it works - there is "USB out" note under "External USB" button from the top down menu. However if I unplug and plug it again, it appears may be 3 times from 10 attepmts or even less. And if I unplug it at the moment it shows USB out, it may work with another amp (the one I want to use with ct10). But again, if I unplug it, it stops working so I have to start with es100 again. In fact I could not find any reliable way to activate USB out.

Thanks for confirming this. Thought only my CT10 might have the issue or be defective but could be a design flaw. AK seems fairly active in this thread but wonder why no response on this?

I'm in the process of returning my CT10 since one of the main reasons I finally got it was for USB out (which my AK Jr. and older DAPs lack).

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #269 of 609

I assume you are using a USB OTG cable to connect to the external device, correct?

When you plug into an external device, you should see the External USB icon in the quick settings light up confirming the CT10 recognizes a USB device connected. Press the External USB icon again to connect and enable USB out.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 8, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #270 of 609
I assume you are using a USB OTG cable to connect to the external device, correct?

When you plug into an external device, you should see the External USB icon in the quick settings light up confirming the CT10 recognizes a USB device connected. Press the External USB icon again to connect and enable USB out.

If it'd be so easy .. Indeed I see that External USB icon, but nothing happens if I press it. In fact, when USB out is active it shows it under this icon, before I press. So it's not activated, pressing icong does not helpa t all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back