Any interest in a Seattle meet?
Jan 29, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #46 of 71
count me in. i live in lake stevens (near everett), but i can drive to the UW probably.
i only have the 280pro and AH and ex70 and a couple cd players, (old new portables), but i might be getting some etys soon and some other stuff.

Jan 30, 2003 at 8:39 AM Post #47 of 71
if we're just going to do this once i think getting a sponsor might work out better too.. but otherwise its not hard to get it setup.. 5 signatures on a form that costs $.45 cents to print out at the library.. plus one member needs to attend a 30-40 minute orientation about setting up stuff and getting supplies for the club.. the only hard part really is getting everyone's signature on the same form..

Jan 31, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #48 of 71
The next two weeks are going to be hell for me. I can't really do anything until Feb. 15.
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2003 at 3:30 AM Post #49 of 71
I spoke to the SHAQ club president today, and apparently they're not an official club this quarter because someone failed to get the required number of signatures. So they won't be able to sponsor us. Starting a club would be fine with me.

Jan 31, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #50 of 71
I think we should get the ball rolling on this UW club. It'd definitely keep the window open for future meets. My schedule seems a little clearer next week, so if you guys need somebody to attend the orientation or get forms signed, I'd be willing to do it.

Maybe we should get together for lunch sometime and figure this all out?

Jan 31, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #51 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by hawkman
I think we should get the ball rolling on this UW club. It'd definitely keep the window open for future meets. My schedule seems a little clearer next week, so if you guys need somebody to attend the orientation or get forms signed, I'd be willing to do it.

Maybe we should get together for lunch sometime and figure this all out?

Heh.. I'd love to put my name down on paper.. but betwen 7 and 8-9 almost every night is taken for me. With the exception of some Thursdays

Jan 31, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #53 of 71
I can get together for dinner or lunch sometime, no problem. My schedule is just bad for a meet. As far as a meeting to sign a paper or talk about logistics, count me in, and I can probably bring a member or two if we need them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's: what time I have generally open (need a couple days notice though):

Saturday: Just about any time (definitely need notice though)
Sunday: Same as Saturday
Friday: Just about any time easily
Tues and Thurs: 11:30-1:30, after 3:30
Mon and Wed: after 1:30

Pick a time and place and we can talk about a club.

Jan 31, 2003 at 3:22 PM Post #54 of 71
Cool.. Yeah I think it would be great to get it started soon too.. The next orientation meeting for the registering clubs is Feb 12th..If we could all free up our schedules for a little while before that date we should be set. I pretty much have the same schedule as radrd.. actually my classes get out at exactly the same times, except my break on tues and thurs is between 12:20 and 2:20.. if anyone knows a good place we can meet on/near campus we should think about doing it next week some time..

Feb 2, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #55 of 71
I live near seattle and would really like to hear some different stuff. I have some Etys and a CHA 47 amp and will have a supermini V5.0 next week that I can bring. I really need some headphones for use at home the Ety's are best for travaling but too isolating at home so I hope this meet happens and I could try some different headphones.

Feb 3, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #56 of 71
Anyone else at the U want to chime in with their schedules so we can start trying to get a club started?

Also, the question remains, would everyone be able to get to the U on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a meet sometime in February?

Feb 3, 2003 at 6:09 PM Post #58 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Anyone else at the U want to chime in with their schedules so we can start trying to get a club started?

Also, the question remains, would everyone be able to get to the U on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a meet sometime in February?

Bah. I'll be moving in the next two weeks.. Maybe sooner.. so I won't be able to the next two weekends.. and Presidents' Weekend also happens to be Valentine's Weekend. My GF would kill me if I went to a headphone meet instead of spending it with her.. [since this quarter has been pure hell, I haven't had much to do anything except study... :p]

Anyhow, here's my schedule, for anyone that's interested...:

MW: 7:30am-9:00pm, work+class+meetings. Study/eat/runerrands from 9:00-on.
TTh: 8:00am-6:00pm, class. Study/eat/runerrands from 6:00-on.
F: 8:00am-10:00pm, work, class, fellowship.
Sat: Open sometimes, not open others.. Just need advance notice, otherwise I'm in Federal Way.
Sun: Never open.

[And yeah.. radrd... I currently don't have a source.. so once I do, you can probably come over to my new place and listen to my CD3K and my DVD963SA.
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Feb 5, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #59 of 71
Hi guys,

I'd be very interested in a Seattle meet, but my conducting schedule is really thick right now so it will be lucky for me if the chosen date/time is actually open. I would be happy to see that my Espressivo amp and W1000 headphones are available for people to listen to, even if I can't attend.

One suggestion--a quiet place is really worth trying for. I brought my stuff to a Bottlehead meeting recently, and it really didn't seem worth it at all until we moved the headphone stuff to the basement, away from all the noise!

Feb 5, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #60 of 71
I'm extremely busy right now. After Tuesday 11 I will be able to meet to talk about starting a club at the U. It looks like vwap's schedule is pretty tight, so maybe dinner on a Thursday somewhere? I'd suggest eating at 8, but I know vwap is in South Campus, so maybe there is someplace more convenient for everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back