Any interest in a Seattle meet?
Jan 24, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #16 of 71
I'm at the U.

IIRC, gdahl is in Silverdale. Maybe he will come. I'll pm him if he doesn't happen to check out this thread in the near future.

I will be available Thur-Sun most weekends, but I have no idea where we can meet.
confused.gif

Transportation is an issue for me, but I have a cousin who is cool, though not a Head-Fi member, and he would probably be happy to come along and drive me if there aren't any objections.

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 71
Audio&Me's leaving the area on Feb. 21 and would need a ride up from Whidbey Island (he said he's not interested in blowing $30 on the shuttle), FYI.

Jan 24, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 71
If anyone from Oak Harbor/Bellingham/Anacortes/etc area could give me a ride, I'd really appreciate it. Ault field isn't an open base, paranoid idiots, I hate security, worse than cops. But I could wait out side the gate or else where in town.

I don't have much with me, but it's nice for a portable system. Beyerdynamic DT-250-250, Xin Super Mini V3, JMT built Homegrown Audio Super Silver mini-mini cable (switchcraft right angle plugs), and Panasonic SL-CT570. Eric has my ETA42.

Jan 24, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #21 of 71
I haven't got the slightest clue where to meet, but if I can make it, I might be able to bring some stuff:

Headroom Cosmic ... if I have it back from Headroom at that time
Sony MDR-CD3000s
Etymotic ER4S ... but I'm not sure anyone would wanna be sticking my foamies in their ears
wink.gif

Any of the PCDPs I have at the time.. check my profile.

Yeah. that's all I have to provide... [Maybe my SCD-CE775?]

Jan 25, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 71
A Seattle meet sounds great. I'm up in the Lynnwood area.

I could only think of Magnolia on Roosevelt would be the idea location. Them or perhaps Definitive Audio on the same street, though parking is a bitch in the U-Dist. But Definitive got awesome stuff as well (Mark Levinson, B&W, Marantz).

Jan 25, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #23 of 71
It sounds like we have quite a lot of people interested. I would probably be bringing two or even three people with me if you guys don't mind. They aren't headphone owners, but I think they would really like to hear nice gear. I would call them "Headphone friendly".
smily_headphones1.gif

We definitely need a place. Hey Eric, are you sure Magnolia is out?

March starts finals, and the end of February will be hectic. If we could do it before mid-Feb that would be good.

Jan 25, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #24 of 71
Well, Magnolia isn't out by any means - I'm just not sure if they'd be willin gto host it.

Possible locations:
- Magnolia H-Fi Bellevue
- Magnolia HiFi Seattle
- Hawthorne Stereo (Seattle)
- Experience Audio (Seattle)
- Someone's house (?)

Jan 26, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Possible locations:
- Someone's house (?)

Ummm.. Lets hang out in my dorm room where I can barely fit myself and my cans in, all at the same time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2003 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by nArKeD
Possible locations:
- Magnolia H-Fi Bellevue
^Best For Me

Not sure if I can make the drive to Bellevue. Not sure if anyone would want to drive north to Magnolia Lynnwood or Everett which both are nearby me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back