Any interest in a Seattle meet?
Dec 1, 2002 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
There seems to be a large number of Seattle area Head-Fi-ers (and two of them are already signed up for the Toronto meet
eek.gif
)... We'd have to find a good meeting place (I don't think my parents would let me host), but maybe sometime in January/February? Maybe during the summer?

Dec 4, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 71
Do you think Magnolia HIFI or another audio store in that area would be insterested in hosting it?

Dec 4, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 71
Hmm... maybe! Good idea. While I doubt Magnolia would be too interested (though it's worth a shot), being retailers mostly of upper-consumer and low- to mid-audiophile stuff (though they DO have some fairly esoteric stuff, like 1200w McIntosh tube monoblocks, Krell, Martin Logans, a Sony SCD-1, and they once had an Orpheus), it might be worth it to check out a small shop like Hawthorne Stereo et al.

Dec 7, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 71
I'll be arriving in Seattle airport on the 18th. Then I'll be stationed in Whidbey Island, 4 hours away I think? Anyway, although I won't have anything, I'd love to show up to a meet one weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 71
Very cool!
biggrin.gif

Maybe we should hold it in the first week of January or so; my winter vacation will still be running so we could make it a whole-day thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 71
I'd be interested, though transportation might be difficult, and I don't know what my homework schedule will be like in January. Also, I won't be back in Seattle until Jan 7 because I'm going home to Yakima on Dec 17 for my winter break.

Dec 10, 2002 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 71
Great idea for a meet, Eric! I'd love to attend, but really can't until February or the last week in January. Still, don't wait for me! If early January works for most people, you should do it then.

Jan 12, 2003 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 71
Maybe I should pm some of the people in the Seattle area. I'm quite interested in a meet. I could bring my W1000, meta42, and probably my Music Hall mmf-cd25 if people wanted to hear them.

Jan 12, 2003 at 10:15 AM Post #9 of 71
Well, I'd personally like to hold the meet either in the last week of January or mid- to late-February. The 1st and 2nd weeks of February are going to be really busy for me, it looks like (doing tech for a school play)... and with any luck, I'll have my Gilmore electrostatic amp done by then and I can bring my Sennheiser HE90s (Big O) to use with it (and an adapter cable to plug them into Stax amps)
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

I believe the owner/salesguy of Experience Audio has expressed interest in participating in the Head-Fi community; among other things, he happens to be the only Stax dealer in town. And does Sennheiser too
smily_headphones1.gif
The only thing is, it's a REALLY small shop - he usually does one-on-one demo sessions scheduled ahead of time (!).

Jan 12, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 71
If I don't have duty on that weekend, I'll try to get there (costs me 30 bucks to get to seatac by shuttle). It'd be great if anyone lives near oak harbor and would be willing to give me a ride.

Hey, anybody want to hold a Vancouver meet? (I can drive there, my friends got a truck) I'd go in a heartbeat. zzz, speak up my man.

Jan 23, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #14 of 71
I'm in Redmond and Tone is in Kirkland. We've thought about a headphone meet. Dan H is in Renton.

I think we could enough people together.

Location?

keep the thread alive, there's hope.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back