Any ideas on how to fix this? (HD6XX)
May 6, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #16 of 33
IMG20210506133422.jpg
IMG20210506133628.jpg

The foam which used wasn't a good idea, it made me feel like im using a closed back headphones. My wife came up with this idea... She gave me this net to try on. I folded it four times and used it instead of foam.

Voila!!!

It seems awesome, two layers are bright yet slight difference in bass. Added four layers and i get the sound which was there before the original pads are worn out.

It feels much airy and open sound with lots of details. I will give it a full listening time tonight and post the results.

May 6, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #21 of 33
IMG20210506133422.jpg
IMG20210506133628.jpg

The foam which used wasn't a good idea, it made me feel like im using a closed back headphones. My wife came up with this idea... She gave me this net to try on. I folded it four times and used it instead of foam.

Voila!!!

It seems awesome, two layers are bright yet slight difference in bass. Added four layers and i get the sound which was there before the original pads are worn out.

It feels much airy and open sound with lots of details. I will give it a full listening time tonight and post the results.
You will like the added detail and the drivers will have sufficient protection !

May 6, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #22 of 33
You will like the added detail and the drivers will have sufficient protection !
Absolutely true.... At the moment I am listening to "Mazzy Star" on my HD6XX with that newly added mesh. (FX Audio DAC-X6 --- > LD MK2 ---> HD6XX), I really didn't know that it could sound so detailed. With these meshes, I feel like "Sound Stage is wider", Highs are crispier and even the Bass is better, Mids are absolutely brilliant. It's like I have upgraded my good ol' HD6XX into a new level of sound. It feels more open and airy... positioning of instruments is also great when it comes to live recordings. I never knew HD6XX could get this wide soundstage. Incredible, This definitely can't be placebo, lol :)

May 6, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #23 of 33
Absolutely true.... At the moment I am listening to "Mazzy Star" on my HD6XX with that newly added mesh. (FX Audio DAC-X6 --- > LD MK2 ---> HD6XX), I really didn't know that it could sound so detailed. With these meshes, I feel like "Sound Stage is wider", Highs are crispier and even the Bass is better, Mids are absolutely brilliant. It's like I have upgraded my good ol' HD6XX into a new level of sound. It feels more open and airy... positioning of instruments is also great when it comes to live recordings. I never knew HD6XX could get this wide soundstage. Incredible, This definitely can't be placebo, lol :)
Plus you have the satisfaction of having done this yourself. You are now a headphone “modder”!

May 6, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #24 of 33
Plus you have the satisfaction of having done this yourself. You are now a headphone “modder”!
Yeah! lol, probably my first modding ever....! I am strictly a stock stuff guy, from headphones to my motorcycle and car. Always stick to factory specifications, stick to the manual etc. Now I see the fun everyone is talking about, but I still don't dare to do anything beyond this point. HD6xx is way too expensive for me to play around with and lose it, I had to collect money for a couple of years to get this. Thanks to that Japanese guy who sold it to me via eBay, he bought it but never was used. Our currency has a crazy exchange rate when it comes to USD.

May 6, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #25 of 33
I use mine with no foam, sounds better to my ears….or use some pantyhose or thin stocking material stretched over the edges…much better than any foam

May 7, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #28 of 33
Yeah! lol, probably my first modding ever....! I am strictly a stock stuff guy, from headphones to my motorcycle and car. Always stick to factory specifications, stick to the manual etc. Now I see the fun everyone is talking about, but I still don't dare to do anything beyond this point. HD6xx is way too expensive for me to play around with and lose it, I had to collect money for a couple of years to get this. Thanks to that Japanese guy who sold it to me via eBay, he bought it but never was used. Our currency has a crazy exchange rate when it comes to USD.
Indeed on the last point. Going into year 2000, one USD converted to 75 LKR; as of yesterday, one USD converted to 196 LKR (!!).

May 7, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #29 of 33
Indeed on the last point. Going into year 2000, one USD converted to 75 LKR; as of yesterday, one USD converted to 196 LKR (!!).
Don't forget the taxes, import duty and all the crap our government put on us. Im the only person i know who has a HD6XX in my country. Lol!!!! Haven't met another, there maybe some around but never met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back