Any Houston Meets?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #106 of 127
Would anybody be down for a weekday?
I couldn't do a weekend this month.

Should we get like a group chat? That way it's easier to get notified rather than having to check the thread every so often

Then Friday, May the 27th? When voteforpedro confirms the date, he will get everyone's contact info and he will let you know from there.

May 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #108 of 127
I just reserved a conference room at a library for free. It is on July 2nd from 10am-4:30pm (Saturday), as the Friday before was booked. I know that everyone will need extra space for their equipment, so a max. of 20 people will be in place. Only bottled water will be in place, unless those wanting to bring other bottled drinks or already prepared food want to split costs on the fee of $25. If you want to attend, please PM me with your full name, member name, e-mail address, telephone number, and what you are bringing. Because this is a small library, there is a 3 full-sized headphone, 2 full-sized amp, and 1 full-sized DAC is limited. When 5 people confirm their attendance, I will post a thread on the event.

Edit: The 20 people limit refers to who will bring gear. As this is a library and the meeting area max occupancy is around 40, you can bring family or friends, but the parking lot is small and the library is busy. There are large shopping areas surrounding the library's corners, but the intersection between all of them gets very busy, especially at that day.

May 20, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #109 of 127
Which library?

May 21, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #111 of 127
Hopefully I'll be able to attend, we'll see. Thanks for putting this together!

May 21, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #113 of 127
There is guest wifi capability. There are tons of unique and boutique shopping stores, restaurants, and cafes in walking distance or even 5 mile driving distance, not to mention one of the largest malls in the world within that 5 mile driving distance. There are plenty of nice hotels around the library as well, though you will have to shop around for good deals.

As for burger places, there is a McDonald's 2-3 miles away, a Burger King a mile or so away, even a Whataburger several miles away, or possibly in walking distance (I will check on that). There is a gas station next door to the library. Seriously, family is welcome to walk around the shopping areas, as there is a Pinkberry (yogurt), Apple Store, and PF Chang's in walking distance, even a Edward's Theater down the street from the library.

I have two people definitely coming with equipment (including myself), one maybe by PM, and two maybes that just posted, so if you three can confirm and bring in equipment, I will post the meet in its own thread. The main shopping area in walking distance is Highland Village and parking will probably stink, but there are a lot of places that you might not find anywhere else. :)

May 21, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #114 of 127
It's a central location.  Lots of traffic, but hey...it's H-town.  What are we gonna do???

I'm near City Centre.  If I'm in town, I have some kit I can bring.  With some luck, I'll have my e-stat rig working again.  If not, I've got a dynamic rig or two that aren't too shabby.  

I'll think through how best to do a source.  Will probably just keep it simple and avoid the DEEZER Elite streaming service, although that's pretty much all I listen to now.  16/44 is good enough for my ears.

HS

May 22, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #115 of 127
I'm coming.
Sold my HD800S and WA22 since found my Stax 2170 to sound more realistic.

So I'll be bringing my 2170 with WDS DAC.....I'll probably bring my Mac with Tidal for music.

By the way. I go to the Galleria like every week to shop so it's like any other week lol

May 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #116 of 127
I'd be very interested in attending, however I'm relatively new to the game so there isn't much I have to bring. I've got some vmodas and a fiio e18 and I've started to long term reaserch and savings to really get something nice but I'd love to come by and check it out.

May 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #117 of 127
Just saw this thread this morning pop up.  Nice that you are having another meet.  More than likely I will be out of town that weekend, but if I'm not I'll try and come.

As far as the meet at my house, the next time my wife and kids are out of town I'll offer to host again!  It hasn't happened since a couple of years ago when I offered!

May 25, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #119 of 127
What time would it start??

It would start at 10am, when the library opens. July 2nd is locked in, as no other Saturday is available. So if you have to, make sure you have a spot open for this day. You can bring equipment and stay for only two hours, just make sure you can make the day and some kind of specific time.

I will post a new thread with the event, location, time, rules, and what to expect at the event.

May 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #120 of 127
The Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend meet is now official!:)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809610/official-head-fi-houston-fourth-of-july-weekend-meet-july-2nd-2016-looscan-library#post_12613022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back