Any Horrible story with your Ety?
Mar 25, 2002 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

planar

100+ Head-Fier
Any horrible experience with your ety? Sometimes the superior isolation can really scare you. I got two:

1. Watching Six Sense using ER4S and XCan at 11:00 pm. Didn't notice my GF came back and she hog me from the back
eek.gif
eek.gif
that REALLY chill you out during Aussie summer time.

2. Playing Resident Evil and forgetting about the dinner is STILL cooking and end up washing dishes for two hours (those burn stuff on the plate)
mad.gif

anyother??

Mar 25, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 18
I got a horrible story... One time the right white tip came off in my ear. It was when I first got 'em. Almost scared me away, but I'm glad it didn't...

Mar 25, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 18
Only that I can't afford them...yet.
frown.gif
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 18
I had an interesting experience with my ER-20s once. I had them in during a rehearsal of Bruckner's 9th symphony with all the parts at least doubled, so I was one of about 8 trumpet players there. I had them in because our rehearsal space was really small and the noise level was really high. Anyway, it came time for a break and I tried to take them out....the left one came out fine, but on the right one, the little plastic handle part popped right off into my hand, leaving the whole earpiece in my ear with no way to get it out. I tried putting the handle on a couple of times to see if I could coax the earpiece to stick to it on the way out, but it wouldn't work. Eventually I had to ask the bassoon players if they had a pair of pliers (they carry around a lot of weird tools to screw with their reeds) and one of them did. When he saw me take it and stick it right up to my ear...well...the look on his face was priceless. It did the trick, though - I managed to get them out.

Come to think of it, that's the very last time I used those in a rehearsal. I guess I don't want to have to carry around a pair of mini needlenose pliers with me to make sure I can get them out every time!

Mar 25, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 18
The night I got my ER-4P I fell asleep listening to a Fates Warning CD. I woke up startled and completely deaf. Scared the hell out of me. Funny thing is that it was probably the CD stopping that woke me up.

Mar 25, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 18
once my er6 got pulled out of my ear suddenly. i had to stuff my inner ear parts back into my head using a q-tip. not fun.

Mar 25, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
once my er6 got pulled out of my ear suddenly. i had to stuff my inner ear parts back into my head using a q-tip. not fun.

Youch!!!
eek.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #11 of 18
I think it would be hard to associate Etys with anything horrible. Hahahaha............<cough> ok bad joke.......

But seriously, I've been driving myself crazy trying to find the "perfect seal" and to find which tips do it the best. Some said foam and some said flange, I started with the jumbo flange tips, then went to the foam, then to the smaller flange tips, and finally settled on the default jumbo flange tips. Now I pull back on my ear and start with the tips upside down and twist them in for a good seal. Nothing else to report.

Etys ROCK!

Mar 26, 2002 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter

That had better be hyperbole.

Mar 26, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #13 of 18
It's not. I'm dead serious.

How's that for screwin with ya mind?
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #15 of 18
I had a pair of ER20 earplugs ... the same design as the 4s. Had them in and forgot about them. When I rolled over, ouch, pushed all the way into my ear. Talk about pressure! Removing those was a fun experience.

Hopefully I'll have some Etys soon so I can have an experience with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

- Jeff

P.S. We need an Ety smilie for the BB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back