Any highend objectivist here?
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
I'm searching for objectivist audiophile using highend stereo systems. By my definition of highend stereo systems, I mean something at least $10k+ components and $20k+ speakers. I'd like to see how they address highend stuff objectively or they're all just marketing luring people with big bucks.

And of course, there's nothing wrong to use non-highend accessories on highend systems. I still use $50 receptacle and <$10 fuse.

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 9
  [1] I'm searching for objectivist audiophile using highend stereo systems. [2] By my definition of highend stereo systems, I mean something at least $10k+ components and $20k+ speakers. [3] I'd like to see how they address highend stuff objectively or they're all just marketing luring people with big bucks.
[4] And of course, there's nothing wrong to use non-highend accessories on highend systems.

1. I am an audiophile (by my definition) but I'm actually a subjectivist, although by your definition I'm an objectivist! So, yep, I suppose I can check this one.
2. Ah no, your definition of high-end is my definition of mid-end (or maybe even a bit lower). IE. My definition of highend is way higher than yours. But as by my definition I am using a highend system, I suppose I can check this one too.
3. Past experience dictates that you don't really want to know/learn anything, just antagonise/argue. So no, I'm not willing to indulge your game.
4. I only use highend accessories with my highend system, to do otherwise would be a waste of my highend system. Again from past experience, I'm pretty certain that your definition of highend and mine is also very different in regard to accessories.

I'd generally be happy to respond to these questions but due to #3, I second spruce music's suggestion!

G

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #5 of 9
  Out of curiousity, what make you guys to define high-end by price, instead of performance?

I want to know how people buy expensive gears objectively.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 9
how rich people address highend stuff objectively? with objective measurements. the definition of objective reality doesn't change with more money as far as I know.
if I had more money I would simply have better measurement gears and could verify more stuff instead of having to trust the internet or the manufacturers.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 9
I agree that one should invest on more reliable measurement tools. But you should consider there's also highend DIYers who're also willing to invest more for parts with better measurable qualities.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Simples, rich people pay someone who knows something. Problem solved.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 9
  I'm searching for objectivist audiophile using highend stereo systems. By my definition of highend stereo systems, I mean something at least $10k+ components and $20k+ speakers. I'd like to see how they address highend stuff objectively or they're all just marketing luring people with big bucks.

And of course, there's nothing wrong to use non-highend accessories on highend systems. I still use $50 receptacle and <$10 fuse.

As this has no question and really does not belong in Sound Science, I am locking the thread.  Feel free to start posting these sort of things in the main forums.

Suggest here - http://www.head-fi.org/f/113/high-end-audio-forum

You may get more answers.  But Head-Fi is more headphone driven than speaker driven - so perhaps another forum may give you more answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back