Any Head-fiers in San Diego?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 21
  Hi there,  I know zombie tread.  I would like to meet some of my san diegan headfi'ers.

I listen to everything (except modern country music)  Mostly alt/rock (radiohead, Rage, death cab for cutie, portishead) Jazz (Mingus, big plus, coltrane etc) Electronic (kaskade, diplo, the prodigy etc) classical (bethhoven, mozart, orchestra music) and a lot more.  

Hi Bong,  Hi Darin!
Well, well, after almost 15 years here in SD and just about the time (May 1st) when I'm planning to leave... Oh well. Yes, I would be interested in meeting somewhere before I depart, sounds good (pun somewhat intended).
Anyway, I have a Fiio X5, and an X1 (which I use for standby and podcasts (Coast to Coast AM and Caravan to Midnight) and a pair of Noble K10 customs which I purchased at the Coronado meet last November 1st.  I use DbPoweramp to convert CDs to flac, it's terrific!

I listen mostly to Classical Symphony, mostly unusual composers few have heard of, from Scandinavia, the British Isles and Eastern Europe, as well as some Americans. I also listen to Jazz, especially, as you mentioned, Mingus, who I actually met in the East Village of New York and had a "moment" to remember too, funny as all get out! He just so happens to be my favorite jazzman, and not because I've met him. It's just a matter of synchronicity, or as  the "unwashed" lol, would call a coincidence.

So where are you in San Diego? I live in my rv which I park in Kearny Mesa. Let me know and we'll have a fun get-together. And I hope to see you at our Meet, Darin, and anyone else here also interested!

Abraham

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 21
Nice to hear from you guys.

@darinf I went to the last november meet but didn't manage to stay longer due to conflicting schedule (Mom's birthday) but it was well organized.  great job my friend.

I travel often and have lived around San Diego.  I used to live in Paradise Hills, then moved to Linda Vista, now staying in Lakeside but I don't mind to drive.  I'm fairly new to the scene (3-4 years) and I travel a lot so most of my gears are leaning toward portability.  I have a dragonfly 1.2, Shure 535 (brown edition), Sony mdr-v, an oppo ha-2 and an oppo pm-3.  When it comes to players I tend to use the cellphone that are available to me at that time (I'm a software developer for Project Tango under Google and currently have a Oneplus One, Nexus 6 and Samsung Note Edge) and my macbook pro streaming Tidal on it. 

@Ripvanlink  Did any of you guys managed to go to the CANJAM Socal 2 weeks ago?

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #19 of 21
  My friends and I hangs out in Old Town i Racine and Laremy to smoke cigars and listen to you cans.  They open late for regulars to enjoy a moment of silence and discuss our gears.

My equipment and lungs don't like smoke. 
frown.gif
 (No offense, just not for me.)

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #20 of 21
totally understandable.  I'm trying to find a location to where we all can meet.  Im thinking of going to a mom and pops coffee/tea lounge area or in my school to where we can rent out a room for free and have the whole room for 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back