Any Head-fiers at or near UC Irvine?
Sep 21, 2002 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Gluegun

Headphoneus Supremus
Heya!! I'm looking to meet up with some head-fiers... i'm an incoming freshman (without a car) at UC Irvine... but if anyone is in the area, maybe we could hang out some time!! Thanks!!

Sep 21, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 17
All the way from Kentucky to Cali? So you get to lug all your gear over thousand miles or so. Fun fun. I drove all the way to school this year (about a thousand miles) because it's such a pain in the ass to get everything on the plane. But I guess you'll figure that one out.

By the way, might want to pick up a good pair of closed cans if you're living in a dorm.

kerleybonto

Sep 21, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 17
Welcome to UCI!

Feel free to stop by my office (201 HOB2) anytime; I tend to be around in the afternoons. I keep my Sony d25s/JMT CMOY w. crossfeed and Senn 580 in my office.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 17
Dear Lord, Gluey! It's a Philosophy Prof!! Run man, run!!! First they lure you in with headphones and amps, but then they'll lay down some existential escapism of some dead 18th century Frenchman!! Get out while you can!!

I'm sorry, I'm not right in the head.

Sep 21, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
Dear Lord, Gluey! It's a Philosophy Prof!! Run man, run!!! First they lure you in with headphones and amps, but then they'll lay down some existential escapism of some dead 18th century Frenchman!! Get out while you can!!

I'm sorry, I'm not right in the head.

I'll play the prof here and point out that my avatar died in the 17th century!

Sep 21, 2002 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 17
Yes, I'm dorming... I'm in Middle Earth.

GOD, I love the names of the UCI dorms...
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, the name's Jonathan.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Yay! I'm networking with people!! WOOHOO!!!

Anyway, check my profile for my net instant messaging names...

Sep 21, 2002 at 7:32 AM Post #9 of 17
Hi Gluegun,

I'm a grad from UCI and I'm still hanging out in Irvine. Send me an email and we can setup something.
Maybe we can organize some kind of headphone geek meeting among all of us?!
Although just meeting for a couple of beers works well with me too!

Sep 21, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 17
Jonathan, I see you take a liking to the Lord of the Rings. I can't believe there are so many past and present anteaters on this forum. We all should definitely do lunch or something. But wait until the 29th, when I'll be heading down.

p.s. Middle Earth is a bit cramped. Mesa Court is the way to go!

Sep 21, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #12 of 17
sorry for the double post, but jopi, some of us are a little under age. i'm not saying that we still can't hang out for a couple of beers, but just that some of us are under age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back