any hawkwind fans out there?
Oct 10, 2002 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm wondering if anyone knows if hawkwind are planning on updating their back catalogue, I've looked on various hawkwind websites and really have not found any answers. I'm really interested in getting two cds - "warrior on the edge of time" and "astounding sounds amazing music" and have been unsucessful in trying on ebay, and on amazon, there is an astounding cd on ebay right now, it's up to 150.00, way out of my price universe...

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow, that's a pretty impressive thread resurrection - over 7 years!

The easiest intro to Hawkwind is the Epoch Eclipse collection. I think there are two versions of it, 3-disc and 1-disc. Get the 3-disc if you can. As for albums Hawkwind go through a few changes (they had a hefty turnover of members) Hall of the Mountain Grill is a classic, then there's Doremi Fasol Latido, PXR-5 and Hawkwind. All of those are pretty good, but Hawkwind do have some great live albums (Levitation was re-released recently and is a very fine album)

I've had the pleasure of seeing Hawkwind twice and if you get the chance then take it.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 6
One of my favorites is Quark Strangeness and Charm. It's a bit more polished and poppy than their earlier stuff.

I got Epoch Eclipse about a year ago. It doesn't inspire me to buy any of their new stuff.

When I was younger, I loved Michael Moorcock's books so Warrior on the Edge of Time was one of my favorites. I still have the LP that folds out as a shield. I always thought that was one of the coolest albums covers.

hawkwing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back