Any good windows equalizers that overlay on top of all programs?
Nov 1, 2009 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RedSky0

1000+ Head-Fier
Not talking about Foobar/Winamp exclusive plugins, but something that would also work for flash audio, games etc ... Anything that's particularly good?

Cheers.

Nov 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 7
Personally, I hate using software equalizers. It just doesn't quite sound right and gets glitchy. I find it sounds better doing it via hardware. Of course, that involves spending money...

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you'd need to use VAC/console/bidule and the whole yada yada I think...VAC does support bit-perfect KS.

Can you eh, be more specific?
bigsmile_face.gif
Relevant links would be awesome!

Nov 1, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you eh, be more specific?
bigsmile_face.gif
Relevant links would be awesome!

well, you'll need to set VAC as the default soundcard in windows, route it in either Bidule/Energy2XT/console to a VST plugin and then route it back to your actual soundcard...in KS, so no resampling would take place.

Energy2XT is very easy to set up, otherwise google's your friend I guess...I never bothered doing it myself but many ppl use it successfully to process Bass Management/delay on Reclock's output or for carputers: vac bidule tutorial - Google Search

Fiat Stilo by _Dejan_ - Page 15 - Centrafuse Carputer, CarPC & UMPC Forums
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I hate using software equalizers. It just doesn't quite sound right and gets glitchy. I find it sounds better doing it via hardware. Of course, that involves spending money...

fully agreed, the only software EQ I've found that sounds AMAZING is the Oxford EQ...but it's not exactly free, OTOH it never sounds bad...there's virtually no way to make it sound wonky, and it does 24bit dithering
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back