Any good Sirius home tuners?
Jul 3, 2005 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blorton

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone seen or used any units that have received favorable reviews? I've been using a portable tuner with docking station for home listening and would like to replace it with a dedicated component.

I also need to mount up a permanent outdoor antenna if anyone has any pointers for that. Would like to "split" the output to multiple locations if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blorton
Has anyone seen or used any units that have received favorable reviews? I've been using a portable tuner with docking station for home listening and would like to replace it with a dedicated component.

I also need to mount up a permanent outdoor antenna if anyone has any pointers for that. Would like to "split" the output to multiple locations if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

I have this one:

Sirius

I'm not sure it is worth $299, but it looks very nice and has digitial outs. I don't use it b/c I'm not crazy about the quality of satellite radio in general. If you are interested in it, you can have mine (plus a $40 Sirius antennae) for $120 shipped. It is in perfect condition and hasn't even really been used.

Jul 4, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks very much for the offer. That's quite generous, but you actually have the same brand that my portable is, and I'm looking to try a different brand for the home unit. Thanks anyway.

Dan

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I have heard that Day Sequerra is coming out with a satellite radio tuner. It will surely be wicked wicked expensive, but top of the line. Not quite sure if that is compatible with Sirius or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back