Any good on-the-ear headphones for under 80$?
Jun 18, 2012 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Syvere

Head-Fier
Are there any good on the ear headphones that can rival the porta pro and bose OE2 for under 80$?
I'm looking for a new mobile set to go along with my new iPod Classic. I listen to all variety of music but I prefer clean sound and detail over boomy bass. I havbe zero tolerance for sibilance as well. Porta pro is okayish, but has too much uncontrolled bass and it clamps to my head a bit too tightly.

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 5
If you want a warm sound, then go with the JVC HA-S650 if a closed headphone is okay, otherwise choose the Sennheiser PX100II. The HA-S650 imo sounds a bit better than the PX100. Even though the HA-S650 is closed, it doesn't isolate well due to its small size.  If you want a more neutral  sound, and don't mind using a closed headphone, the JVC HA-S160 Flats sounds quite good. Don't let the low price fool you. It sounds quite good, imo better than the Portapro. While it is closed, it doesn't isolate well due to its small size.

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 5
The WESC Maraca are amazing (very detailed in mids, good highs and tight punchy bass, fairly large soundstage and great imaging) for the price and they improve with AMPs help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back