Any good dancers here?
Feb 28, 2006 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
I was just wondering if there were any good dancers.

I just picked up "pop and lock" along with other hip hop styles.

Its really fun, heh

Anyone know how to pop lock?

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 31
i believe jahn is a excellent pole dancer. i took ballroom dancing lessons once with a girl that asked me too..i think i turned her off with my ineptitude....something to the effect that i wasnt smooth and it didnt look good.....whatevar!!

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 31
Oh, don't even try to test me, Myo. You gonna get SERVED!
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Oh, don't even try to test me, Myo. You gonna get SERVED!
tongue.gif

In August, I expect to hold another So Cal meet at the dance studio and you both can bust-a-move...

It looks like we are going to have a dance contest.

Afterwards, I could arrange for a teacher to give a hip-hop dance lesson too.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 31
Hah, me dance? Thats a good one.

I don't know. For all I've tried, I never could dance, though I'm sure that with the proper instruction, I probably could waltz or something, or maybe something even more complex. I practice martial arts and have no problem expressing myself through that or going through its motions (the various kata that we learn), but for some reason, I've never gotten along with dancing. This could be because I tense up and think I will look like a fool if I try, but thats my best guess.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #7 of 31
Let me practice popping and we can have pop lock battle mark
biggrin.gif

I didn't know you were a breaker!

I was just watching some dance videos of pop locking, and thought they looked pretty darn cool.
So, Im off to teach myself. I learned how to do the foot glide and the whole muscle contraction thing.

If youve been at this for a while mark, theres no chance I can compare. Ive barely started today.
tongue.gif

battle contest would be neat. Id suck at it though. Someone bring a boom box and we can have a circle. The video tape the battle and upload it for all of head fi to see
smily_headphones1.gif

except mine, I wouldnt look like I knew what I was doing. Dont ask me to spin on my head.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
I practice martial arts and have no problem expressing myself through that or going through its motions (the various kata that we learn)

thatd be cool, haha we can have like a head fi meet/talent show, someone bring a vid cam and we can upload it.

I took tae kwon do for a couple of years. Dont ask me to perform the katas, I dont remember any of that.

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 31
Apparently we have enough people here to at least give decent advice on the secret art of Grinding.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I can do a good robot, moonwalk and some 80's "freestyle" disco moves but not unless I'm wasted
tongue.gif

Go Pinky, go Pinky, Go... Go, go, go, go....

Feb 28, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Go Pinky, go Pinky, Go... Go, go, go, go....

oh my lord. you guys use the same chant we do - big circle, one guy steps in, we all chant that, then he pulls off his best moves, then points to the next guy...MAN that is so old school! we used to use "Jump" by Kriss Kross for that, but now it seems so wicketywicketywicketywack
tongue.gif
you know what killed it for us? when vanilla ice used it in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie - "Go, Turtles, Go turtles go!"

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #15 of 31
Its all about muscle isolation. Practice practice practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back