Any good and cheap headphone amps ?
Jun 6, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #16 of 24
I can certainly vouch for the JMT CHA-47, it's an incredible value. With the help of a a custom Bolder mini-rca cable, shockingly, I like the CHA-47 more than the MG Head DT with stock tubes. Frankly, the change of amps was a big sigh of relief. If you're interested, I'll be posting more on it later on... Anyway, I highly recommend it. This is with Sennheiser HD600 with stock cables.

Jun 6, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #17 of 24
And how much does the JMT CHA-47 cost ?

I am willing to spend between 100 and 150$ US approx on an amp, depending on how it sounds. I might actually go and visit the audio shop to see if they got amps or whatever. But what about the JMT CHA-47 ?

Jun 6, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 24
under $100
smily_headphones1.gif
cha47.png

Jun 6, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Any plans to make one myself ?
Would it actually be good? How good?

How pricey?

I've got good hands, and soldering stuff, and an electronic store downtown, I could prolly get what I need I guess...

Building an amp youself is a very good idea, I would recommend this design:

http://headwize.com/projects/showpro...szeke1_prj.htm

For portable use, there's the CMOY amp and its varients like the Apheared 42 (see the addenum section of the article)

http://headwize.com/projects/showpro...=cmoy2_prj.htm

Both of these can be built for less than $100 CDN, and are very simple to build...

The "JMT Altoids Amp" and "META42" amps are all DIY amp designs, hjand built by members of these forums. if you're willing to try building the amp yourself, you can get the same amp without paying someone to do it for you. Also, DIY allows you to customize the sound to your own preferences...

Jun 6, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #20 of 24
Huuhuhhh, If anything, I'll get it done by someone here ;P Too complicated.

And that CHA something amp, it compares to amps of what prices on the market?

And sub 100$ means 30, 40, 50, 90$?
Would it sound better than my old harman kardon amp?

Thanks alot.

Jun 6, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #21 of 24
A&M: Cool logo! Where'd you get it?

Kryo: PM JMT. Because he never mentions his prices publicly, out of respect we don't either except in broad estimates. This is mainly due the fact that the cost is fluctuatable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back