Any full size phones with koss ksc75 sound signature?
Feb 28, 2006 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Love my koss ksc75 and found it blows away my other phones(HD555 and SR60). to the point that I sold them.Want a full size over the ear phone with the excitement of the 75 without the sibilence harshness of grado.Thinking the dt990 but I can be persuaded to look elsewhere. Thanks Matt

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 11
I'd say be careful with the UR40's. There are those that like them, but I have trouble with them. I have a fairly large head and the UR40's just barely fit me. And I don't think they come down as far as they should because they don't sound nearly as good as the KSC35/75. If you're looking for something over the ear I would suggest trying the Portapro's. Or, if you want something a little higher up the scale, I would suggest the Alessandro MS-1.

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 11
In most discussions, it's the SR60 to which the KSC75 is compared. That's what my ears tell me as well.

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 11
Interesting since i had the sr60 but found it harsh and of limited soundstage.My ksc75 are not harsh at all with good sounstage but all that happen after i started using the PA2V2 amp.

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
In most discussions, it's the SR60 to which the KSC75 is compared. That's what my ears tell me as well.

While I agree that the KSC line has a similar sound signature to Grados, I actually prefer them to my SR80's. I find the KSC's to have more controlled highs (as Matt said, Grados can be a bit harsh or screechy sometimes) and better extended lows but a bit more recessed mids (although even that is fixable with a hole mod, a 75ohm adapter and an amp). I also find the KSC's much more comfortable to wear and less fatiguing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Grado sound and the SR80's were my entryway into headphones, but Koss has a true gem on their hands with this driver. Let's just hope nobody tells them.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
While I agree that the KSC line has a similar sound signature to Grados, I actually prefer them to my SR80's. I find the KSC's to have more controlled highs (as Matt said, Grados can be a bit harsh or screechy sometimes) and better extended lows but a bit more recessed mids (although even that is fixable with a hole mod, a 75ohm adapter and an amp). I also find the KSC's much more comfortable to wear and less fatiguing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Grado sound and the SR80's were my entryway into headphones, but Koss has a true gem on their hands with this driver. Let's just hope nobody tells them.
wink.gif

What's all this talk about a 75ohm adapter? What does it do? And why use it? Is this 75ohm adapter meant to be used with an amp? Any pics?
confused.gif

I am really interested in modding my KSC75 to the max. I may buy a portable amp soon too!
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
What's all this talk about a 75ohm adapter? What does it do? And why use it? Is this 75ohm adapter meant to be used with an amp? Any pics?
confused.gif

I am really interested in modding my KSC75 to the max. I may buy a portable amp soon too!
icon10.gif

Check out this thread.

Also, get a pair of these and cut a hole in the pad about the size of a soda bottle cap.

eggosmile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Check out this thread.

Also, get a pair of these and cut a hole in the pad about the size of a soda bottle cap.

eggosmile.gif

Thanks for the link. As for cutting the hole... I already did this mod, but with stock pads!
eek.gif
Why don't people do it to the stock pad? Why go out and buy another pair of pads. All I can say is after hearing the KSC75 with the hole in the pad I will not go back to the normal pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back