Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs
Feb 1, 2015 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wolfjeanne

100+ Head-Fier
I am getting custom made hearing protection since my insurance allows me to have them once for free :)
The company making the protection is called tympro music and since my IEMs are starting to give, I thought it might be worthwhile to check if I could use the same mould for  custom IEMs. Their English website doesn't give any information, but their Dutch one does. They have a nice picture and seem to imply that I could take out the membrane and turn them into IEMs with their own speakers, but that is about it.
I have sent them an E-mail asking for more information.

In the mean time I was wondering if any of you has experience with Tympro music. Any help would be appreciated :)

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Allright, customer support got back to me. Turns out what they are selling is actually being manufactured by Dynamic Ear company; a sound engineering company that also works for Westone  They have got a lot of technical information on their website. The IEM's they sell are called Inor; info can be found here.

Frequency graphs are probably the most interesting, so I've copied those to here:

Rather steep roll of in the highs. Higher mids to lower high is emphasised in both. I expect a slightly harsh yet airy sound with amazing violins and such, neutral mids in the 07 and slightly more emphasis on the bass in the 11 (although with the line stopping at 50Hz I can not say much in terms of impact). Female vocals should do well.

I'm not too impressed with the graph of the 11, but the 07 could be quite fine.
Selected specifications from their spec sheet:
For the Inor DS-07
Noise Isolation: 26 dB SNR (DEC silicone plug)
Transducer type: Balanced armature receiver
Sensitivity (at 1 kHz): 109 dB SPL for a 0.1 V RMS
Impedance (at 1000 Hz):13 Ω
DC resistance (at 20°C):16Ω
Weight: < 10,0 grams

For the Inor DS-11
Same isolation and transducer. Sensitivity (at 1 kHz): 103 dB SPL for a 0.1 V RMS
Impedance (at 1000 Hz): 41.5 Ω
DC resistance (at 20°C): 26 Ω
Weight: < 11,0 grams

Seems like they should both be drivable by portable sources.

EDIT: I have found the 11's for €100 with travel case and universal tips. An inline remote is an extra €10. The 07 was harder to find but here they sell'em for €70 which seems like a good deal if, like me, the custom moulds are free.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 8
It looks to me like these are custom tips that could be used on any IEMs with the same size nozzle. This is the same concept as the Westone UM56. If they are the same as the UM56, then you could use any IEMs from Westone, Shure, Etymotic or any other IEM that takes the Comply T-100 sized tips.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 8
Some more hours of digging leads me to believe that the DS-11's are actually the same as ACS T15's, which would make them really good value at €100. Even the carrying case seems like the same thing but with a different name on it. The only difference I could find so far is the cable length and possibly material. T15 is kevlar reinforced, but I could not find such a claim for the DS-11.

Right, now I should really start doing something more useful.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Good research!

We manufacture DS-11 as an own brand and the ACS T15. The T15 in Europe doesn't use the same cable as the DS-11. Pricing for DS-11 is €99 without microphone and €109 with microphone. Currently developing a dual driver version which will become available later this year. All products designed and 100% manufactured in the Netherlands.
Our own brand sales are via www.crescendo-hearingprotection.com If there is enough interest from head-fi members I'd be willing to add a discount code (if this doesn't breach forum rules)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back