Any DIY supply sites that won't kick my ass on shipping?
Oct 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LingLing1337

CAUTION INCOMPLETE TRADES
Just tried to buy 16ft of Canare GS6, 4 Neutrik plugs, and 8 ft of heat shrink tubing from Markertek ... $23 total, but then $11 shipping? Anywhere else that I can buy this stuff from that has reasonable shipping? Even if the prices are higher, that's fine. I still live with the parents, and my mom freaks if stuff online has shipping over ~$9, she just won't do it
frown.gif

Thanks all.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tried to buy 16ft of Canare GS6, 4 Neutrik plugs, and 8 ft of heat shrink tubing from Markertek ... $23 total, but then $11 shipping? Anywhere else that I can buy this stuff from that has reasonable shipping? Even if the prices are higher, that's fine. I still live with the parents, and my mom freaks if stuff online has shipping over ~$9, she just won't do it
frown.gif

Thanks all.

I use Redco for a lot of stuff...their shipping is a bit cheaper than Markertek. I think a lot of these companies make their money on the shipping.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 9
^ second on dale pro audio.. fast processing, good prices and free shipping

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Dale Pro is great...But where to go for cable? Markertek does have the selection and price even if shipping is high. I try to think of it as part of the overall price. Just think what you would have to pay for the commercial crap the rest of the world buys from Rat Shack and Wally World
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 9
Sites like Markertek aren't out to cater to the $20 and under crowd, that's why shipping is so high. If you look, shipping only increases by a dollar even for $100 worth of parts as they mostly work with large orders. Your only choice for small orders and cheap shipping is either Dale Pro or Redco, their selection is limited though so catch 22. I'd just pay the extra for shipping from Markertek.

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 9
Went with Redco, shipping was ~$3 less than Markertek, but my mom could stomach it since it wasnt in the double digits
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll look into Dale Pro next time as well.

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 9
I just e-mailed dale pro audio to tell them that there is a demand for them supplying star quad microphone cable by the foot.
maybe we'll get lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back