any denon PMA2000 IVR owners?
Jun 2, 2008 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

klb2122

100+ Head-Fier
are there any users of the DENON PMA2000 ivr that have compared the headphone out to any quality headphone amps?

I'm honestly quite impressed by the power the denon can provide for my k701s and i'm thinking of canceling an order i have in for a headamp to use the money to fund other projects.

have any of you had any time to compare?
I suppose the headamp might be able to provide a slightly blacker background, but once the music starts the problems with base static is erased...

any advice?
comments?

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 3
i havent, but if there is anyone that could help me avoid dropping money on one right now i'd be happy. in a recent thread several folks seemed to feel their pre-amps and even several integrated amps did quite well when it came to powering headphones. Everything about the 2000 ivr is quite impressive. The phono stage doesnt do what my clearaudio basic does, but it's not far behind. The power it has to drive my speakers is stellar, I cant find reason for any upgrades, so... while i havent heard the k701s connected to any other amp I'd happily go ahead and stay personally inexperienced if someone out there can say the PMA does a nice job from what they've heard and it would mean i'd save some dough for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back