1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Any custom iem manufacturers beside earsonics with upgrade plans?

1. Anouk Contributor
    Hi, I havent bought any customs yet but, even although earsonics has no dealers in the Netherlands and acs does I am leaning strongly towards earsonics because they offer an upgrade plan so you can buy a cheaper custom first and then have it upgraded to a highe rmodel later while you only pay the price difference. I found this quite compelling and infact logical. So I am wondering if more custom iem manufacturers offer this kind of service? Greetings, Anouk,

2. buffalowings

Quote:

not that I know of....

3. Kunlun
    For Future Sonics, they have a different sort of upgrade for sure, though. When the next generation driver comes out, you can send in your old one and get the new driver plus new cables/tested/re-tuned for a fraction of the cost of a new custom.

I like that.

You'd have to write and see if they offer the kind of upgrade path with their two custom models you're looking for.

4. Anouk Contributor
    Hey, Interesting, although I think I will buy something from Europe. Still I think its a good policy.

5. gorman
    Not an upgrade plan proper but, at least, an upgrade policy with discounts: http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=124&Itemid=223

6. Kunlun

Quote:

For a custom, it's very, very wise to buy locally. Imagine spending a $1000 and then waiting 6 weeks, hearing them for a day and then sending them back in for a re-fit for another month and a half...
    Even with the best ear impressions (get them from the most experienced audiologist you can), you can still need re-fits.

7. buffalowings

Quote:

good point, only reason I am currently avoiding unique melody, if they move the entire operations to the US, i have no doubt they will become even more popular

8. Anouk Contributor
    Hi, Well in Nl you cant go to an audiologist fo real impressions you will have to do with a hearing aid store. The only customs I can get locally are the acs t1 (I dont like the housing though) and the ultimate ears, in which I am not interested. Greetings, Anouk,

9. Kunlun

Quote:

"rear impressions" Hmm, yes.