Any cricket lovers out there!
Apr 1, 2004 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

kartik

Headphoneus Supremus
Serving out my current residency away from home (India) often makes me nostalgic for cricket, particularly after all the interest in the India-Pak series. Is there anyone else out there who can keep expats like me plugged in.

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 39
I tend to follow Cricket a bit..... moreso with England than anybody else, of course.

Don't metion Shane Warne tho.... I can't stand the bugger !

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 39
OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oz fans here.

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
Serving out my current residency away from home (India) often makes me nostalgic for cricket, particularly after all the interest in the India-Pak series. Is there anyone else out there who can keep expats like me plugged in.

I'm probably among only a handful of desis (from Bombay originally) who doesn't follow the game here, and I share my last name with our vice-captain Rahul, so I invariably have to field questions about whether I'm related to him (actually I am, distantly).

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by rycet
OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oz fans here.

Rycet;

If your talking about the australia team its

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI...
biggrin.gif
and be-careful that phrase is now paitented and owned by a pair of Australians here in Tasmania.

If your gonna chant it do it right
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Armers

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 39
Sad to inform you. PAkistan just lost the first test by an innings and 52 runs. The scores were
India: 675/5 (decl.)
Pakistan: 407 and 216

Top scorers for India:
V. Sehwag: 309
S. Tendulkar: 194*

Top Score for Pakistan
Y. Youhana: 107
I. Haq: 91

O Balle! Balle!
Hindi! Hindi! Hindi! Hoy! Hoy! Hoy!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Ozric
I'm probably among only a handful of desis (from Bombay originally) who doesn't follow the game here, and I share my last name with our vice-captain Rahul, so I invariably have to field questions about whether I'm related to him (actually I am, distantly).

Actually, he is the captain currently, Ganguly is out of the first two tests with a broken back!

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 39
No TV cricket in the States
frown.gif
Instead, we get womens' golf and extreme cockroach eating, etc..

That is probably a good thing for me; a couple of times in Europe I've gotten seriously addicted to test matches. Once I had to leave before it was over and had to follow the rest on the internet.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
Actually, he is the captain currently, Ganguly is out of the first two tests with a broken back!

Wow, well that just goes to show how out-of-the-loop I am
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #13 of 39
I havent missed a single game. I paid $199.00 for the full odi + test series coverage and so far its been worth it!!!
eek.gif

Oh my - I got back more than my moneys worth...this series...

You can get pay per view
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 39
nothing like watching the matches on a movie theater screen back home in Cricket-Crazyland (India
biggrin.gif
). Another two years of this sentence and then homewards I bound like a mad march-hare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back