Any comments/review on the ATH-A100Ti?
Jul 25, 2002 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

xHrDcOr3x

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone has tried the ATH-A100Ti yet. Some members have already written (quite positive) reviews on the ATH-W100 and W2002, but none on this model.

[ H r D c O r 3 ]

Jul 25, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 46
My only comment is I want one, but my shop couldn't order one - so I've settled for an ATH-A9X, which is in a ship chugging over to Europe as I speak. Essentially the same construction, without the sexy Ti details...

Jul 26, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 46
the a100ti are supposed to have the same drivers as the w2002 and the chassis and shells are almost the same as the a_x series with some slight differences i have heard them a bit and they sound quite good. i only listened a little in a busy eletronics shop though so i can't really make too many comments. i would love to read some reviews on them though.

Jul 26, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 46
I had a brief taste of these headphones with the RKV and the ZOTL. They sounded very nice to me, even in company with the R10 and HP-1. I've ordered a set, and will report after I've had some time with them.

Jul 26, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 46
Hirsch,

Is there any chance that you would have spent enough time with them that you could make deductions about their sound in regards to that of your once-owned W100's?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #7 of 46
There was a pair of W100's present also. They did not sound good to me with either of the amps, and only got about a minute of play before we went to headphones that sounded better with the amps at hand. My first impression of the A100ti is that it was the headphone the W100 should have been. That's based on very limited exposure and should be taken with much more than a grain of salt. I should have mine by the beginning of next week, and will say more once I determine whether what I heard was a "gee whiz a new sound" kind of thing, or whether the headphone holds up with repeated listening.

Also, AFAIK, it's the only headphone around that is color coordinated with the ZOTL. That must count for something
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 27, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 46
Some teasers:

at100ti1.jpg

at100ti2.jpg

at100ti3.jpg

Another teaser:

My initial impression is that these are as good as I remember them. More to come...

Jul 27, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #9 of 46
Dunno if it's just a bad digicam, but that's an awfully girly blue... (Goes off the A100ti a bit)

Jul 31, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #10 of 46
Girly shade of blue, you say? Interesting. Tell me, do you feel that Senn 600s are a more *virile* shade of blue, or does the answer involve wearing Equinox support? Do you regard the wooden surfaces of W100s as girly or buff? Which headphones do you feel best express your manly burly headphone-fetishizing nature? Beyerdynamics would seem sufficiently Aryan and chill, but then there's that whole Nazi drag on Polk Street scenario to content with.

You know, I'm not certain I'd want my headphones to be too manly. You don't want that sort of thing touching the side of your face.

Jul 31, 2002 at 8:58 AM Post #13 of 46
Hirsch,
my nipples are getting hard, you teaser!
OOOPS! My dog said that! Bad Miller!
(yes he can type!)
md

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:55 AM Post #14 of 46
OH my!
I was listening to "Birdland" by Manhatten Transfer. I played it over and ..well like ten plus times on my Grado SR325s. I was rocking.
Welcome ATH A9X.
Overall sound was par...then...
Freakin vocal separation was like night and day. It's like I could hear every member of the band with the ATHs.
I didn't think these cans were that different until now. I don't know if you'd call these cans technical or analytical...
This was truly a revelation to me. What company is the king of closed cans? AT!
I think I am turning into an audiofilet!
md

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:56 AM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
My only comment is I want one, but my shop couldn't order one - so I've settled for an ATH-A9X, which is in a ship chugging over to Europe as I speak. Essentially the same construction, without the sexy Ti details...

looks concerned, i think the ATH-A9X looks way better than the Ti.

a9x.jpg
a7x_2.jpg
a5x_2.jpg

ohh baby... drool
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back