Any classes or workshops?
Oct 6, 2005 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering how i can get started in DIY amp making. Is there a class i can take to learn how to read schematics and learn how to solder and stuff?

I don't want to get a degree in it or anything, just somthing as a hobby. Suggestions?
icon10.gif

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 4
I started out by soldering guitar pedal kits. Basically building an entire guitar pedal from a purchased kit. (Which means all the parts are included but you have to assemble it from scratch with a soldering iron with online instructions)

Of course, I made mistakes and destroyed 2 pedals. Eventually I got much better and built 2 guitar tube amps from kits

With zero experience in soldering, I just googled what a solder joint should look like. It shouldn’t be too big like a blob, and not too tiny too. Also learn how to desolder in case if you make a mistake.

Overall it’s not hard and personally I find it entertaining getting into the little nerdy details

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Also keep in mind in many factories in the old days, a lot of women did the soldering and wiring and did a lot of hands on stuff with electronics and I don’t think they were formally trained. So if those ladies can do it, you can too.

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Also keep in mind in many factories in the old days, a lot of women did the soldering and wiring and did a lot of hands on stuff with electronics and I don’t think they were formally trained. So if those ladies can do it, you can too.
Back in '95 m GF soldered in a factory. I tried it, had an iron and still have solder, but try is far as I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back