Any cheap headphones?
Jan 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:
OK you guys looks like I ended up getting the Sennheiser HD 419 are those better then the 201's? They were much cheaper on amazon then the 201's so I decided to get them are they any better?

The HD 419 is a great upgrade to the 201.  I really think the 201 is a great budget beater can but the 419 are quite a few levels higher.
The 419's are the darkest sounding of the 400 series tho. The have a darker sound sig then the rest. Kind of what everyone calls the Senn Veil. Everything has a laid back sound but it is really a nice sound. The Bass isn't massive but has a nice little punch, The mids are dead center, and the highs are very clear without being harsh. Comfort wise they are great as well.
Velours, can't get better!!!   And the price you got them for, great buy!!!
Quote:
They are. Also how do you replace the pads of the HD 201, I still have a pair of those.

The pad are easily changed. If you look closely at where the pads and the housing meet you will see small tabs going around the outside of the housing.  Just gently push inwards (The pads) and slide the pad out from behind the little tabs.  I think there are a total of 10 or so tabs, Once you get 1 or 2 tabs free the pads will slip right out.  To install just reverse. Just go slowly so you don't snap a tab.  Also FYI the 400 series pads fit the 201 perfect.  So you can put the 419/439's on the 201's.  Major upgrade to comfort. And they only cost $10 from Senn.

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #37 of 40
Yeah, I have been returning my portapros to be fixed for years. The bad news is they are NOT durable, good news is they ARE faithful to their lifetime warranty. It's pretty cool. The sound quality of the portapros is also excellent for an inexpensive headphone.

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #39 of 40
I highly recommend giving the Koss KSC75 a try. They can be bought for less than $15 on Amazon and I must say, they are a truly amazing headphone, especially at this price. I have a pair of Bose QC15 that I use for noise cancelling, and I honestly listen to my KSC75's more often because I think they actually sound better, and the QC15's are $300 headphones. Now the KSC75 don't give  great noise cancellation because they are a semi-open headphone, but I don't think you will mind, I wear them on the bus all the time and they aren't too bad if you just turn the music up a little bit. They are pretty comfortable as well but that may not be true for everybody. Can't really go wrong with a $15 dollar pair of headphones though, if ya don't like them, then oh well, they were only $15!
Also, I would like to add in that they leak a lot. I was listening to them in class one day and everybody in the room knew what song i was listening to, lol.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #40 of 40
Another vote for the Koss KSC75. They sound better than the Porta Pro and are cheaper too. I just bought another KSC75, with the Parts Express headband, from Amazon for a $23 and change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back