Jan 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:
So basically the competition is

THE SENNHEISER 201
                                                     VS.
                      THE MONOPRICE
                                                VS.
             Beyerdynamic DT235

So which one would be better? I'm pretty lenient towards the Sennheiser but what about the other ones they any good?
Thanks alot guys really appreciate it :D

Haven't play with the Monoprice, but if the choice are between this particular model of Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic, the DT235 definitely flare better; and I would get the PX-100 from Sennheiser if have to. The real thing is, I am so impressed by the PX100 and would get a pair later.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 40
is this one a CAL?
http://www.amazon.com/NoiseHush-NX26-11778-Headphones-Neodymium-Drivers/dp/B0066CSAIU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357503956&sr=1-2&keywords=cal+headphones
Sorry but I'm kinda a noob when it comes to headphones :/

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:
is this one a CAL?
http://www.amazon.com/NoiseHush-NX26-11778-Headphones-Neodymium-Drivers/dp/B0066CSAIU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357503956&sr=1-2&keywords=cal+headphones
Sorry but I'm kinda a noob when it comes to headphones :/

No this is:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357505015&sr=1-1&keywords=creative+aurvana+live

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 40
Woah kinda expensive :frowning2: so I guess the Sennheiser HD 201 or HD 202's are what I should get? The PX-100's I checked out and they're OK but a very flimsy frame. Are they really good? Like small cans big sound good?

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #20 of 40
If you can find them and I sware they're awesome for their size/price - 

Grado iGrado.

You're looking at around £40 to £50ish gbp.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/grado-igrado-neckband-headphone-in-black-prodid-315.html

Usually on ebay/amazon.

Or save a little longer and get some Grado SR60's.

This is coming from a Sennheiser & Beyerdynamic lover also and the Grado sound is just as good, if not better, depending on which cans you are comparing etc....

Each of these will run off an idevice etc without need for an amp. 
But will sound even better amp'ed. Thats if you get an amp later on...

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #21 of 40
I don't know if these are still hot, but I have these, they where pretty hot on head-fi a few years back http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357510249&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+ha-rx700

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:
OK, so I was wondering ARE there any cheap headphones?
Not those crappy 2 use headphones, I mean like ones that have noise-isolation and are small 20-40mm.
I was thinking about the Skullcandy Agents, Beats by Dr. Dre, or Skullcandy Hesh
Yes I know they are all crappy but when it comes to headphones/earphones I suck at choice.
I'm looking for durable, noise-isolating headphones, and have a warranty (optional) AND ARE UNDER 50
Some of this criteria is crazy (I know) like the 20-40mm thing but I'm just looking for something cheap, noise-isolating, and durable.
The rest is just a plus to the product

THANKS ALOT AND TRY TO SURVIVE WITHOUT THOSE TWINKIES!

There are some very good offerings in the $20 range you might enjoy.

Skullcandy Ink'd in ear. These were so good I bought 4 pairs for $14 each so I could keep some on tap if they went discontinued. All in ears will accentuate the bass and are lacking in sound stage, but for the price, these can't be beat. They have a fairly transparent quality, deep bass extension, and with a little EQ to bring down some of their more agressive qualities they are quite pleasant.
The negatives are that there is a fair amount of noise introduced from the cabling. It's a very stiff kind of sheathing and it transmits mechanical noise a lot. IE you are walking and they swing against you, you hear boom boom boom.

Sennheiser HD201. For the price these can not be beat. I picked up 4 pair for $15 each, again so that if they are discontinued I will have extras on hand. The build quality is exceptional for their price. A very sturdy construction, good smooth plastic, a wonderful headband, cable is nice and long. The sound they produce is colored but with some EQ work they can really shine. There is exceptional clarity in the midrange and upper midrange. They are not very sensitive so need a little big of power to drive but my iphone can drive them to comfortable levels. The bass is attenuated a bit and benefits from bass boost. These are OVER THE EAR headphones as well and closed back. They might be the cheapest over the ear headphones in the world. I actually prefer the sound of these to the more expensive HD205's which have a midrange peak that is fatigueing and colors the music too much for my taste. I use these at work so if they are stolen it won't be as big a deal.

If you are willing to go up to the $70 range I recommend the Sony MDR-V6. They are fairly neutral with a good bass extension and they make good mastering headphones for music production work.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #23 of 40
Here are my 201's, Must stress tho the stock pads blow but for $10 on Senns website you can buy 419/439 Velours.
Of course I'm a dork and cabled mine with a Denon AH-D 2000 cable. Nothing like putting a $75 cable on a $17 headphone...HAHAAA

So the headphones + Velours you're under $30....That was yesterdays lunch price!!!  So not to bad:)

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #24 of 40
I noticed that my 201's benefited from a bit of break in. They are no where near Q/K701's but they do open up a bit with use which was a pleasant surprise. I left mine plugged into the headphone jack of my computer so that even when I didn't have them on, and was using the pc speakers, they were being driven. Took about a week to hit the sweet spot.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #26 of 40
Other than SQ, over-the-ears headphones are more comfortable, weight and padding is important too.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #27 of 40
OK you guys looks like I ended up getting the Sennheiser HD 419 are those better then the 201's? They were much cheaper on amazon then the 201's so I decided to get them are they any better?

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #29 of 40
Quote:
OK you guys looks like I ended up getting the Sennheiser HD 419 are those better then the 201's? They were much cheaper on amazon then the 201's so I decided to get them are they any better?

419's cheaper than 201's? Are we sprecking da zame lingui? I just bought 2 pair of 419's yesterday from bigdeal for $32 each shipped. Amazon had them for $42 and charged tax. The HD201's on amazon were $25.

I haven't received them yet but they should be much better than the 201's. 201's are pretty damned good for the price and I prefer them to more expensive offerings in the 200 series but the 419's are a different league. They are right there at that margin where Sennheisers go from good headphones to audiophile headphones at the 500 series.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:
419's cheaper than 201's? Are we sprecking da zame lingui? I just bought 2 pair of 419's yesterday from bigdeal for $32 each shipped. Amazon had them for $42 and charged tax. The HD201's on amazon were $25.

I haven't received them yet but they should be much better than the 201's. 201's are pretty damned good for the price and I prefer them to more expensive offerings in the 200 series but the 419's are a different league. They are right there at that margin where Sennheisers go from good headphones to audiophile headphones at the 500 series.

GOT THEM for 28 :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back