any car audio experts here??
Aug 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
My installer recently installed a alpine iva-w505 in a 2003 lexus es300 (mark levinson sound system) with the metra TYTO-01 and encountered some very strange problems.

After I turn on the ignition, I will hear a pop sound and i will only have the front speakers working. A few tries later (trying to switch off and on the ignition), its the back speakers working. Occasionally I will have the back speakers working fine but the front speakers being extremely soft. In the end its a random game (front/back/mostly back little front). The wire harness (metra TYTO-01) I provided to the installer had this problem (front no sound) and I bought another metra TYTO-01 from him so I know I did not have a faulty wire harness. (He did mention once that if you keep knocking the wire harness box the sound will go to all speakers). On the other hand, maybe the signal from the TYTO-01 isnt enough to wake up all the speakers?

Im a serious noob at this and all advice are welcome.
confused.gif

Thank You

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Eh, sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Maybe check the wires at the deck.

In my car there's a terminal under the drivers seat where all the speakers plug into. I had a problem with speakers going in and out and figured out that it was said box. Maybe there's something like this in your car.

From your post it looks like you had the system installed? Ask the person who installed it to take a look at it

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 4
thanks alot i will check with the installer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back