Any avid beer fans in the Midwest here?
Jul 14, 2005 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ls20

1000+ Head-Fier
I was in Ann Arbor a few years ago and had a few great beers from the Kalamazoo brewing company... specifically the Bell's Best Brown (ale) and the Expedition Stout...

my mouth's watering and i need a fix
biggrin.gif
. unfortunately, Bells only has limited distribution around the midwest... none of that good stuff reaches down here in Texas

Any beer 'connoiseurs' interested in doing a trade?

In return, I can send up some stuff from Saint Arnolds brewery. They have a bunch of styles and theyre all consistently good. [Unfortunately, our jewel local brewer--Live Oak--does not bottle.... nor do they plan to]
We also have a very decent selection of US microbrews and elite imports

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 7
What about shiner? Its a fairly "local" beer.

Try the Shiner blonde.

on a side note, I met the owner/founder of St. Arnolds Brewing Company while doing a college admission interview for Rice University. My favorite St Arnolds is the Pilsner.

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 7
I lived in the Midwest (Chicago and Madison) before the big microbrewery craze.
mad.gif

Back then Leinenkugel (from Monroe, WI) was the best available....

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
What about shiner? Its a fairly "local" beer.

Try the Shiner blonde.

on a side note, I met the owner/founder of St. Arnolds Brewing Company while doing a college admission interview for Rice University. My favorite St Arnolds is the Pilsner.

Shiner is distributed nationally, so I think anybody who wants it can acquire it themselves.

The Rice-grad founder (1 of 2) of St Arnolds hosts a great tour every Saturday at noon with lotsss of free sampling. I agree--their summer pils my favorite

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm game. I went to UofM and then I was in NYC for few years. When I moved back to Ohio, I was suprirsed and happy to see that Bell's was available here. Personally, I think Bell's Porter is its best. I also like its summer ale -- Oberon.

Anyway, if you want to do a trade, PM me.

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Hmmmm. As far as bottled fare goes, me likes Indian Dansburg and Abita.

At good microbreweries, I always like to try a good hefeweizen too.

Oh, I live in California, but I grew up in the Midwest. Does my post count?
tongue.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back