Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 21, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #6,121 of 6,444
Quote:
I finished Angel Beats recently, I loved it so much! I also recently watched K-ON! and Gunslinger Girl, I still enjoyed them alot but not nearly as much as Angel Beats. :)

Angel beats was indeed good, I really like the OP played through my HD600s :)
I watched Elfen Lied a week or so ago, I was impressed by everything except the ending, so I read the manga. Got a bit more closure from that...
I also started watching full metal panic! for the lulz...
And, when I get back home and build my HTPC I shall watch Madoka Magica and K-on! in all their 10 bit 1080p FLAC goodness.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #6,123 of 6,444
The Sigma Series books/manga are suppose to rap up FMP so WHO knows... :)

AND Souske DOES make a choice....NO spoilers from me though....

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #6,124 of 6,444
Quote:
The Sigma Series books/manga are suppose to rap up FMP so WHO knows... :)

AND Souske DOES make a choice....NO spoilers from me though....

PM me the spoilers please, since I'm probably not going to get around to reading the series anytime soon.  ^_^

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #6,125 of 6,444
This season's pickings have been a bit slim.

Sword Art Online has been a pleasant surprise. It gets me thinking about the "what if" situations.

Kuroko no Basket definitely reaches out to the basketball player in me, although like most sports anime it's a blend of realism regarding the sport coupled with ridiculous super special moves and techniques.

Kokoro Connect is the sleeper hit of the season for me. Watched the first episode with low expectations and was immediately immersed.

Polishing off Accel World.  

Will give Tari Tari a try.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #6,127 of 6,444
I'm a noob, so I'm still working on the classics.  Just finished watching Serial Experiments: Lain.  Death Note will probably be next, and then I'll watch the live action Death Note movies.  And then Berserk.  Prince of Tennis, Ghost in the Shell and the Kenshin OVAs are also on my list.  And of course I'm waiting for the Hellsing Ultimate OVA X to come out (August 29th is the rumored release date).

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #6,128 of 6,444
Quote:
Been caught surprised by yet another American cartoon. (Samurai Jack is my first one, IIRC). Adventure Time is really quite great, IMO. Yes I know this is for anime. So what? :wink:

Blasphemer!  And you didn't put random and unnecessary "desu" and "chan" at the end of your words!

I'm joking, of course.

More on topic, there isn't anything in the current season that's grabbing me, which is not all that surprising.  I don't usually watch a lot of stuff, let alone stuff as it's being released unless I'm really stoked about it for some reason.  Right now I'm actually going through my fourth viewing of FMA Brotherhood when I'm unwinding at night.  Guess I'd probably watch more new anime if I wasn't just rewatching long shows from Bones all the time or something.  >.<

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #6,129 of 6,444
Quote:
I'm a noob, so I'm still working on the classics.  Just finished watching Serial Experiments: Lain.  Death Note will probably be next, and then I'll watch the live action Death Note movies.  And then Berserk.  Prince of Tennis, Ghost in the Shell and the Kenshin OVAs are also on my list.  And of course I'm waiting for the Hellsing Ultimate OVA X to come out (August 29th is the rumored release date).

<3 Lain and GitS.  The first Kenshin OVA is totally awesome...it almost leads me to say it makes the TV series worth watching a little of just to get a juxtaposition on the character, though it's way too light for me to recommend to much for lots of people.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #6,130 of 6,444
Quote:
Blasphemer!  And you didn't put random and unnecessary "desu" and "chan" at the end of your words!

I'm joking, of course.

More on topic, there isn't anything in the current season that's grabbing me, which is not all that surprising.  I don't usually watch a lot of stuff, let alone stuff as it's being released unless I'm really stoked about it for some reason.  Right now I'm actually going through my fourth viewing of FMA Brotherhood when I'm unwinding at night.  Guess I'd probably watch more new anime if I wasn't just rewatching long shows from Bones all the time or something.  >.<

!! Equus-kun(-chan) is mad at Koko. Now Koko is sad, deshu. LOL I need to watch more anime with annoying female characters in it. :p

Haha, tell me about it. Summer has been a bust for me, except Jinrui Fairies-now-control-the-world. Spring did a little better. There's almost nothing I'm interested too in autumn, except the Jojo's bizzare adventure adaptation, Jormungand S2 and another gen urobochi original. Hopefully it's something darker than his latest work, and less "lol I troll you" so that it's less hyped around as the 2nd coming anime. >_>
Quote:

Sometimes, just going with the classics is great. I'm still haven't started GitS. But really Lain is quite awesome. Just can't stand the English dub LOL. Which means I have to read again. :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #6,133 of 6,444
I'm watching it (ika musume) and it's probably the best thing on the whole planet ahaha
so cute
I just
agh ;v; her facial expressions are just great. and also tentacle hair. I mean, seriously, they seem like they'd be so useful!

(really wishing I was a squid girl sometimes!)

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #6,134 of 6,444
Tried to post a picture, but it doesn't seem to want to load.  Ah well.  ^_^

Maybe I'll do my fifth or sixth rewatch of that series soon.  LOL

Have you seen the OVA that came out a couple days ago?
If not, you definitely should.

It's just another regular episode, one that I already read in the manga on top of that. But still definitely worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back