Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #5,971 of 6,444
Quote:
It isn't difficult, no. But it takes a lot of time to learn a language to the point where you can watch shows without subtitles.
And you won't be able to learn it with just watching anime. You need to practice grammar and vocabulary (and perhaps writing) as well, which requires quite a bit of discipline to do properly if you don't actually follow a course.
I aim to get on JLPT 2 level next year, which should be possible since I tend to spend about 30min to 1 hour on studying Japanese each day.

Agree'd I was learning Japanese my Sophmore year, watching anime and studying grammar was helpful!
Quote:
Thing is, I only started watching anime a year ago.
But it is true that since I actually started studying Japanese my skills have increased at an explosive rate. Still not good enough by far to actually have a conversation or read a text.

Been watching for over 5 years still can't speak a like of Japanese :3, I'm a visual person anyways. I'd need an actual living human to teach me
Quote:

Finally someone agrees that the ending of the Usagi Drop was fine. 

Everyone is so butthurt that

Rin didn't end up with Kouki but with Daikichi instead. 

+1, girl in my school rages about it pretty much daily xD

May 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #5,974 of 6,444
I just started up Tsuritama. Weird but good. Makes sense though... its by the same people who did Mononoke. (no not Princess Mononoke, just Mononoke)

May 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #5,975 of 6,444
Episode 7 for Tsuritama struck too close to home for comfort... That left me highly depressed. Great on you equus. I hope to buy something genuine of some of my fav anime, but I still am a filthy pirate. Well except for SZS I'm contemplating deeply, and already decided to get all the official translation of it. Not so much the others, yet.

That would probably sound mean or bad or negative, but I am kind of depressed thanks to that tsuritama episode just now. And some other IRL things.

Other than that, my anime schedule is only Acchi Kocchi (I'm confounded how can I like it, given that I dislike the current trend of "moe fcking everywhere") and Tsuritama.

May 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #5,977 of 6,444
Quote:
Ugh...so I broke down and ordered the Madoka Magica blu-rays.  Ow my poor wallet.  I need cheaper hobbies.

ive gotthe first two LE sets so far, ill be rewatching it once i get the third set in the mail  
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #5,978 of 6,444
Quote:
Agh I think my jealousy just exploded.

Sorry.  I found my mini shop vac, so I can help clean that up if you need.  ^.^

Quote:
ive gotthe first two LE sets so far, ill be rewatching it once i get the third set in the mail  
biggrin.gif

Nice...ya know, I haven't even seen the series...just bits of the first episode back when it aired in Japan.  This should be...interesting.

May 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #5,979 of 6,444
Quote:

Nice...ya know, I haven't even seen the series...just bits of the first episode back when it aired in Japan.  This should be...interesting.

...YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT?

Oh my [insert deity here], you haven't lived. Prepare for an attack of awesomeness. It just gets better and better as it progresses.

I wish I could have worded that better. But really, it's amazing.

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #5,980 of 6,444
Quote:
Quote:

...YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT?

Oh my [insert deity here], you haven't lived. Prepare for an attack of awesomeness. It just gets better and better as it progresses.

Is this referring to Madoka Magica? If so, then I have a few words as a somewhat die hard fan of it. While I really want to say it's the best thing ever since sliced bread, the hype of it makes new watchers expect too much and may set them up for disappointment. 

I can't speak in the view as a mahou shoujo fan, because I'm not. But it is that fact (not a fan of mahou shoujo genre in general) and with the slight trepidation I approached it back when it aired blew me away. Almost dethrone SZS in my heart. Almost. Yes I know they are different genres, but it's from an irrational love view.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5,982 of 6,444
Quote:
...YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT?

Haha...no I haven't seen it.  I've had the fansubs since the Japan airing, but first decided to wait until I had all of them to watch the series, then was supposed to marathon it with my friend, then decided to watch lighter stuff...well, you get the idea.  ^.^

Quote:
Is this referring to Madoka Magica? If so, then I have a few words as a somewhat die hard fan of it. While I really want to say it's the best thing ever since sliced bread, the hype of it makes new watchers expect too much and may set them up for disappointment. 

I can't speak in the view as a mahou shoujo fan, because I'm not. But it is that fact (not a fan of mahou shoujo genre in general) and with the slight trepidation I approached it back when it aired blew me away. Almost dethrone SZS in my heart. Almost. Yes I know they are different genres, but it's from an irrational love view.

I was pretty much warned in a similar way by my friend who absolutely loved the show and was watching it during the original airing.  She said it's great, but be careful not to get over-hyped.

On an other note, I also just ordered Shiki part 1 and 2.  Always meant to check that one out too.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #5,983 of 6,444
Believe it or not Tilpo, some of you guys are blocked and ignore-listed! :D And I need all the focus I can get for the finals. So both of the measures worked.

@equus, yeah pretty much your friend is correct. I hyped it a lot before, but then I see the error in my ways, since hype can lead to crushing disappointment. And the more fanatic ones will view that as an insult (or something) and hype it even more, etc.

I don't think it'll die down, and definitely not around summer, since IIRC, there's a few movies of it coming out...? And this is why I don't keep a close tab on anime news. :D Harder to find new stuff to watch, but in the rare chance that I find a diamond in the rough (of mediocre genericness) it is mindblowingly awesome. That's what happens with SZS for me, now that I think about it.

That reminds me, I still haven't watched the new Another ep. 0 OVA. Ehh, got finals to do, that can wait. 

What's Shiki btw?

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #5,984 of 6,444
^^^ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11302

its a nice anime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back