Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Nov 7, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #5,506 of 6,444
How do you manage to watch so many animes? Very few interest me and when they do i still have trouble going through a few episodes of anything in a week. The few animes which highly interested me are

Elfen lied
hellsing ultimate
higurashi no naku koro ni
black lagoon
spice and wolf
death note
baccano
and beelzebub

What do most of these have in common? they are all short except for beelzebub. Beelzebub is an exception because it's a comedy.

Generally when i think of anime and what i like about anime is the art and the art only. Hence why i spend hours looking at art and little time at all watching anime.

Even the whole FIM craze which i have fallen victim to i fail to watch anything. I generally find TV boring no matter what i watch.

I think i haven't watched anime in weeks. Let alone kept up with anything.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #5,508 of 6,444

Quote:
How do you manage to watch so many animes? Very few interest me and when they do i still have trouble going through a few episodes of anything in a week. The few animes which highly interested me are

Elfen lied
hellsing ultimate
black lagoon
spice and wolf
death note
baccano
and beelzebub

What do most of these have in common? they are all short except for beelzebub. Beelzebub is an exception because it's a comedy.

Generally when i think of anime and what i like about anime is the art and the art only. Hence why i spend hours looking at art and little time at all watching anime.

Even the whole FIM craze which i have fallen victim to i fail to watch anything. I generally find TV boring no matter what i watch.

Loved Spice and Wolf.
Now Black Lagoon...That was hysterical sometimes. See torpedo boat vs helicopter. "Amen, Hallelujah, peanut butter."

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #5,509 of 6,444
If black lagoon does anything right it's entertain. And imo thats what an anime should do.

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #5,510 of 6,444
Could you elaborate on this "inside a game" idea?
Apart from the OP where she jumps our of a notepad, I don't recall any others instances.

I'm liking the show though. My brain off show, while I wait for Fate/Zero, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, etc.

I mean when characters are playing a video game and the camera is showing us the scene as if they were actual characters inside the video game.
I don't know why, but I hate it.

Like for example Welcome to the NHK episode 15:

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #5,511 of 6,444

Quote:
I mean when characters are playing a video game and the camera is showing us the scene as if they were actual characters inside the video game.
I don't know why, but I hate it.
Like for example Welcome to the NHK episode 15:

Thats wicked. What's not to like?

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #5,512 of 6,444
Soooooooooooo. What comes after Sora no othoshimono Forte? Is there going to be another season?

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #5,515 of 6,444
Golden Boy has been one of my favorites since forever. It's good it was only a couple of episodes long cause the manga gets waaaaaay too freaky afterwards.

Amagami, ehh.... =p

Quote:
I recently watched Amagami SS and Golden Boy. Those were both good shows.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #5,516 of 6,444

Quote:

Elfen lied
hellsing ultimate
black lagoon
spice and wolf
death note
baccano
and beelzebub

Perhaps your just watching the wrong shows and you haven't watched things you like.
Maybe you should try reading manga the art in those is more personal has more variety and unique looks.
You can also look at a panel as long as you like.
They also have better stories and plots since a lot of the great ones never get animated and some that do the anime can be bad.
Basically manga is better than anime.
Try watching older shows. A lot of newer shows really don't interest me either but I also just like cel animation better.
I would think it's the plot and story that would make you like a anime or manga as well as characters and their adventures since some series are character based and are episodic.
Watch what you like and learn to know what will be good stuff or what you like.
Some have turned anime into some rat race look I watched all these shows even though they all suck.
It's not about how much you read or watched it's about enjoying it.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #5,517 of 6,444
haha I really enjoyed Amagami SS very much that time.. "Ayatsuji-san wa uraomote no nai suteki na hito desu"~

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5,518 of 6,444
Im still loving this season so far. the shows that i would put into the good tier from this season are.  Fate/Zero(which may end up dethroning Hanasaku Iroha as my favorite of the year), Mirai Nikki, Chihayafuru, Guilty Crown, Ben-To, and Last Exile. Then my second teir, is the tier Im not dropping but arent as good as the above would be Persona 4 the Animation, C3, and Un-Go(which i actually dropped after ep3, but heard 4 was awesome and it was, so its picked back up!). Mawaru Penguindrum would also be in this tier.

and then the shows that i wonder why im still watching. iDOLM@STER, MajiKoi, Maken-Ki, Haganai.

One show that's weird is Horizon, cause i think its got a ton of potential, it just makes so little damn sense, that I am going to be waiting till the end to marathon it.

A couple days ago i also started watching Haruhi, and i just finished the Melancholy arc, and im loving it, Haruhi is super good so far!

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #5,519 of 6,444

Quote:
Im still loving this season so far. the shows that i would put into the good tier from this season are.  Fate/Zero(which may end up dethroning Hanasaku Iroha as my favorite of the year), Mirai Nikki, Chihayafuru, Guilty Crown, Ben-To, and Last Exile. Then my second teir, is the tier Im not dropping but arent as good as the above would be Persona 4 the Animation, C3, and Un-Go(which i actually dropped after ep3, but heard 4 was awesome and it was, so its picked back up!). Mawaru Penguindrum would also be in this tier.

and then the shows that i wonder why im still watching. iDOLM@STER, MajiKoi, Maken-Ki, Haganai.

One show that's weird is Horizon, cause i think its got a ton of potential, it just makes so little damn sense, that I am going to be waiting till the end to marathon it.

A couple days ago i also started watching Haruhi, and i just finished the Melancholy arc, and im loving it, Haruhi is super good so far!

I actually think iDOLM@STER as very well-made and enjoyable, personally like it more than some others like ikamusume, working etc (which I'd class as the same type)

As for Horizon, its original novel is very thick and full of settings. I do think the story has the potential to produce epic anime if taken by something like Production IG / Ufotable / etc

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #5,520 of 6,444
Watching the latest episode of Mashiro-Iro...Definitely will not drop show, despite it being a harem. It is oh-so-cute and funny. Why can't school be a little more light hearted? Well, at least in my situation. Complicated, very much anime-like situation right now. Seems that I have a knack for finding myself in these situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back