Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jul 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #3,331 of 6,444
just finished watching the first episodes of both High School of the Dead and Occult Academy. i think HOTD has a bit too much fan service, but other than that it looks pretty awesome. Occult academy doesnt have as much instant awesomness but i think it has alot of potential as well.

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #3,332 of 6,444
Curses on all of you!  LOL!  With prices like that, I might have to do the DVD to Blu-Ray swap on some of those that I already have, like Champloo and Gunslinger Girl.  Preordered the rest of FMP, FMA Brotherhood, and Eden of the East though.

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #3,333 of 6,444

Quote:
just finished watching the first episodes of both High School of the Dead and Occult Academy. i think HOTD has a bit too much fan service, but other than that it looks pretty awesome. Occult academy doesnt have as much instant awesomness but i think it has alot of potential as well.

The original artist of the HOTD is a doujin artist. That's why.

Jul 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #3,334 of 6,444
Here's what I have enjoyed very lately:

Slayers Revolution and Slayers Evolution-R. Yes, Lina "overkill destruction" Inverse is back and better than ever. 
smile.gif

Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome. Really good storytelling, though I thought Mai-Hime's ending was just a tad disappointing.

Najica Blitz Tactics. Once you get over the very blatant fanservice it's actually a surprisingly good series with very good storytelling and really good jazz music.

HeartCatch PreCure! (all 21 released episodes). Best series of the long-running Pretty Cure franchise since the first season (Futari wa Pretty Cure). I really hope that FUNimation picks up this series because it really can stand on its own and has surprisingly good character development. 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #3,337 of 6,444

Quote:
High school of the dead

Im tempted to watch this series but i have a tendency to watch an animu when it finished airing then marathoning the whole episodes dunno am i the only one doing that?

right now watching Hatsukoi Limited.. after 3 eps im planning to drop them. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3,338 of 6,444

Quote:

Im tempted to watch this series but i have a tendency to watch an animu when it finished airing then marathoning the whole episodes dunno am i the only one doing that?

right now watching Hatsukoi Limited.. after 3 eps im planning to drop them. 

i used to do that exclusively, till about a year ago i started watching always at least one while it was airing in japan. its fun to marathon, but its also fun to get excited every week when a new episode finally airs, and the wait for your favorite speedsubbers to release it 

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #3,339 of 6,444

Quote:
i used to do that exclusively, till about a year ago i started watching always at least one while it was airing in japan. its fun to marathon, but its also fun to get excited every week when a new episode finally airs, and the wait for your favorite speedsubbers to release it 

ah vice versa i do that before i used to watch the mainstream anime that are airing then discus it on some random board only problem is the spoiler always comes in and it such a letdown and now since im busy with work i love to watch them at the end of the week 
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #3,341 of 6,444

Quote:
HeartCatch PreCure! (all 21 released episodes). Best series of the long-running Pretty Cure franchise since the first season (Futari wa Pretty Cure). I really hope that FUNimation picks up this series because it really can stand on its own and has surprisingly good character development. 
normal_smile .gif

I highly doubt that they will pick up Heartcatch Precure! Heck, they didn't even pick up Splash Star, Precure 5, Precure 5 GoGo! or Fresh Precure, don't get your hopes up.

Jul 10, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #3,342 of 6,444
Shame on them for not doing so! =P

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #3,343 of 6,444
 Really loving Planetes right now.  It's got a great sci-fi premise without being too far fetched, enjoyable characters and character development, excellent writing and translations (I've only seen subtitled) and some really intelligent plots and subplots make this one of the best series more geared for adults that I've enjoyed in quite a while.  Highly recommended!!

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3,344 of 6,444

Quote:
 Really loving Planetes right now.  It's got a great sci-fi premise without being too far fetched, enjoyable characters and character development, excellent writing and translations (I've only seen subtitled) and some really intelligent plots and subplots make this one of the best series more geared for adults that I've enjoyed in quite a while.  Highly recommended!!

id agree, planetes was pretty stellar, though the animation leaves a bit to be desired i thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back