Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #3,076 of 6,444
goku just died in last week's episode
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #3,077 of 6,444
Berserk F^%$ YEAH!
Got into it recently, just finished downloading the series today.

I love a good bloodbath.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #3,078 of 6,444
Apr 21, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #3,080 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought for a second this was legit, but then realized it's only an HDTV encode and not a blurip.

The quality is actually really good. I don't think you'll find anything better out there unless you go out and actually buy the Blu-Ray discs.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #3,081 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The quality is actually really good. I don't think you'll find anything better out there unless you go out and actually buy the Blu-Ray discs.

I'll give these a try. I have the KAA dvd rips which has a horrible typeset and font.

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #3,082 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Berserk F^%$ YEAH!
Got into it recently, just finished downloading the series today.

I love a good bloodbath.

yeah im stoked to watch berserk too, its been chillin on my hard drive waiting for me to finish with planetes, but ive got cowboy bebop, Eureka 7, claymore, and fafner of the azure all lined up as well.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #3,083 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah im stoked to watch berserk too, its been chillin on my hard drive waiting for me to finish with planetes, but ive got cowboy bebop, Eureka 7, claymore, and fafner of the azure all lined up as well.

You're in for a treat all of those are classics, except the last one I've never heard of it. :p

I still read the Berserk manga, I don't think it's ever going to end.

Recently, I've been unable to find many good 'newer' Anime. I'm pretty much stuck rewatching the classics.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #3,084 of 6,444
Watching Air Gear on the HDD. I used to Aggro Rollerblade, so I thought "Why not?". I'm only a few episodes in, but I can't complain. It's pretty cliché, but the soundtrack is decent, and it's sortakinda funny. Don't think I can recommend it just yet, though.

Also re-watching Samurai Champloo with the girlfriend, since she's never seen it, and kind of likes anime. She thinks this is bloody hilarious, so no complaints. Not bad, since she just randomly picked it off my shelf.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3,085 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasahara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Claymore certainly is fantastic. Just sorta mad that there aren't too many character goods available. Had to pay an arm and a leg for my Megahouse Claire awhile ago. =/

That is a pretty one. I bought it on release because I thought the design was nice. It was actually what spurred my interest in buying the anime initially.
atsmile.gif

@momomo6789 - OKOKOK...lol. I'll check out Claymore soon. If nothing else, it will help me decide if I want to upgrade to the blu rays.

Before Claymore, however, I did start watching Persona ~ Trinity Soul last night. Maybe it's because I'm coming right out of watching the larger-than-life characters from Toradora!, but the way characters are presented seems a little hap-hazard and it's a little harder to get a handle on empathizing with them. Up to episode 5, and I've only really just started to care much about the three sibling characters.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #3,087 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ x2...also recommend Claymore.

Currently watching is FMA: Brotherhood. 10/10 so far! This is probably going to be my favorite anime of all time pretty soon.

brotherhood has been getting very good the last several episodes, not that it wasnt before. But now that were getting into the climax of the show its gettin pretty nuts. I like it alot more than the original too.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #3,088 of 6,444
code geass season 1/2 period.

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is pretty good too

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #3,089 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watching Air Gear on the HDD. I used to Aggro Rollerblade, so I thought "Why not?". I'm only a few episodes in, but I can't complain. It's pretty cliché, but the soundtrack is decent, and it's sortakinda funny. Don't think I can recommend it just yet, though.

Also re-watching Samurai Champloo with the girlfriend, since she's never seen it, and kind of likes anime. She thinks this is bloody hilarious, so no complaints. Not bad, since she just randomly picked it off my shelf.

Tempted to watch Air Gear since I like the manga a fair amount.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #3,090 of 6,444
Continuing Persona Trinity Soul. It still continues to be a "OK" and "not bad" series for me. It just isn't all that compelling, and there's a part of me that wishes it had a little more of the Shin Megami Tensei influence with the demons and things. I'm at episode 10 now, and I really still don't know where the show wants to go and why, so I'm wondering if I'm just not getting something from the writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back